Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Sid Rosenberg is a bane on NYC Radio. How long will he last?

  1. #1

    Sid Rosenberg is a bane on NYC Radio. How long will he last?

    I posted similarly on NYRMB and some (personal attack removed) person named Allan Sniffen emailed me quite a stern and borderline psychotic rebuke. Whats up? I'm new to these boards. I was literally driven here by my distaste for Sid. I think he's about as smart as a box of rocks, and he has a unique combination of being an egomaniac as well as tremendously think skinned.

    I'll admit, I liked Imus. He saw Sid for the sneaky skunk he is and often mentioned it. Of course Sid proved what a two faced toad he was as soon as Imus was gone badmouthing him and goading Bernie to do the same. To Bernies credit he never did, but Sid sure did.

    The biggest problem with Sid is he makes everyone on air with him worse. Bernie is actually a fairly thoughtful, nuanced guy. Sid constantly talks over him...repeats "moron" "idiot" louder and louder until he ruins the entire conversation. He's a total jock sniffer and cant bend over fast enough for an athlete. It's so awkward the way he forces Bernie to talk sports..it's so unnatural. So he's always either kissing ass or talking over people. He has to go. Someone this bad cant HOLD the morning spot in NYC can they?

    I really hope they pair Bernie with Curtis, the problem with WABC is they have talented leads with dolts and toadies on the side. I think Curtis' local flavor along with Bernies depth of knowledge would be a good combo.

    Anyway, I got a harsh dislike for Sid Rosenberg on the radio. I've thought he comes across like a tool even when he was jocking to take the sports job from Gunz.

    Am I the only one? Is this guy like nails on a chalkboard to anyone else? I think he'd be better back in Boca. I annoyed him enough to block me on twitter after he melted down...the guy just conducts himself like a low rent amateur. It's...not NYC standards IMO.
    Last edited by DavidEduardo; 01-09-2019 at 08:40 PM.

  2. #2
    Moderator/Co-Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    38,869
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJackalope View Post
    I posted similarly on NYRMB and some (personal attack removed) person named Allan Sniffen emailed me quite a stern and borderline psychotic rebuke. Whats up? I'm new to these boards. I was literally driven here by my distaste for Sid. I think he's about as smart as a box of rocks, and he has a unique combination of being an egomaniac as well as tremendously think skinned.

    I'll admit, I liked Imus. He saw Sid for the sneaky skunk he is and often mentioned it. Of course Sid proved what a two faced toad he was as soon as Imus was gone badmouthing him and goading Bernie to do the same. To Bernies credit he never did, but Sid sure did.

    The biggest problem with Sid is he makes everyone on air with him worse. Bernie is actually a fairly thoughtful, nuanced guy. Sid constantly talks over him...repeats "moron" "idiot" louder and louder until he ruins the entire conversation. He's a total jock sniffer and cant bend over fast enough for an athlete. It's so awkward the way he forces Bernie to talk sports..it's so unnatural. So he's always either kissing ass or talking over people. He has to go. Someone this bad cant HOLD the morning spot in NYC can they?

    I really hope they pair Bernie with Curtis, the problem with WABC is they have talented leads with dolts and toadies on the side. I think Curtis' local flavor along with Bernies depth of knowledge would be a good combo.

    Anyway, I got a harsh dislike for Sid Rosenberg on the radio. I've thought he comes across like a tool even when he was jocking to take the sports job from Gunz.

    Am I the only one? Is this guy like nails on a chalkboard to anyone else? I think he'd be better back in Boca. I annoyed him enough to block me on twitter after he melted down...the guy just conducts himself like a low rent amateur. It's...not NYC standards IMO.
    First, your post was edited as there was a personal attack against the owner and moderator of another radio message board. RadioDiscussions does not allow offensive remarks about other respected boards as we encourage all discussion of radio and broadcasting. This is not Fox or MSNBC where diatribes and insults are created to entertain the audience.

    Beyond that, your argument is not with a message board. It is with WABC. Why do you suppose they have Mr. Rosenberg on the air? The ownership is not incompetent, but they are having problems with their AMs in the 4 largest US radio markets and can't seem to find a winning ticket.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, Billboard, Cash Box, R&R, Record World, Music & Media, Audio, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, Popular Electronics, Studio Sound, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

  3. #3
    They're just entertainers. Don't take it personally. If you don't like one of them, don't listen. Lots of other choices available. But Imus is not coming back.

  4. #4

    I'm not taking it personally...

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post
    They're just entertainers. Don't take it personally. If you don't like one of them, don't listen. Lots of other choices available. But Imus is not coming back.

    I'm just frustrated because Bernie is an incredibly talented guy. He can speak at some depth on a variety of subjects, Sid just puts robotic insults on repeat and increases the volume in opposite proportion to the intelligence of his contribution to the discussion.

  5. #5
    I'm not making an argument, I'm positing to spark a discussion. It's a subjective opinion, so engaging in argument about it would bring me to the level of Sids hypothesizing that Dan Marino is better than Joe Montana.

    I suppose WABC has him because he is cheap, but whatever they are paying, it's several orders of magnitude too much.

  6. #6
    Sid is his own worst enemy and while I like him as an individual, he is not particularly interesting to listen to on the morning show. I know Sid has a lot of demons and is trying to deal with them, but he has a short fuse and doesn’t take criticism well, even constructive criticism. He routinely curses on Twitter and FB and particularly curses at those offering feedback on the show that isn’t 100% positive. He’s also going a bit overboard shilling for sponsors. He posts pictures of himself wearing clothes from Joseph Abboud, a sponsor, going so far as to post a picture wearing an entire Joseph Abboud outfit at a family wedding. Tacky! He recently posted pics on FB of his inflated arm at the gym in conjunction with shilling for some snakeoil that sponsors the show claiming to increase testosterone levels, even offering a discount on his FB for mentioning his name when purchasing the snakeoil.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJackalope View Post
    I'm not making an argument, I'm positing to spark a discussion. It's a subjective opinion, so engaging in argument about it would bring me to the level of Sids hypothesizing that Dan Marino is better than Joe Montana.

    I suppose WABC has him because he is cheap, but whatever they are paying, it's several orders of magnitude too much.
    Sid and the Bernie and Sid Show are fortunate to the extent that their direct am talk radio competition on WOR and am970 are so horrible. Sid boasts that the show beats the WOR morning show in ratings. Sid doesn’t grate on me quite as badly as Len Berman and Joe Piscopo do.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJackalope View Post
    I posted similarly on NYRMB and some (personal attack removed) person named Allan Sniffen emailed me quite a stern and borderline psychotic rebuke. Whats up? I'm new to these boards.
    Sniffen is the character behind the NY Radio Messageboard. He’s just a dentist who acts like he’s an important figure in the radio industry when, in reality, he scrapes plaque from teeth. He clearly doesn’t possess any great “inside” knowledge about the radio industry nor about related topics such as advertising and marketing. He’s a radio groupie. Because of his insecurities, he routinely argues with those who are knowledgeable about the radio/media industry, and even deletes messages by those simply with more intelligent and better thought-out views.

  9. #9
    This is a good summary. It's so tacky the way he's constantly shilling. He doesn't have enough class to headline a major NYC station. No other way to put it. I wish him well with his demons, but his personality on air grates me.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJackalope View Post
    This is a good summary. It's so tacky the way he's constantly shilling. He doesn't have enough class to headline a major NYC station. No other way to put it. I wish him well with his demons, but his personality on air grates me.
    I think both Sid and Len Berman demonstrate that having experience specifically in sports doesn’t necessarily translate into hosting a general interest talk radio show.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

     
Useful Contacts
Community


123