• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Are needs & problems still due jan 10th?

Tried to file a station's community needs and problems in the public access file with the FCC as required by January 10th but each time I log in I get a page stating what the government shut down means as far as FCC services. Does this mean stations can't file by the January 10th deadline?

Here's what they say about the shutdown:

https://docs.fcc.gov/public/attachments/DA-19-10A1.pdf

I don't see anything about the Jan 10th deadline. Try sending it by regular mail, certified, receipt requested.

That would be a wasted effort. The public file web site now contains a message about the shutdown, so there’s no mechanism for uploading the issues-and-programs lists. (I hope you remembered that all public files are only online now. Sending paper copies won’t work.)

The FCC is only operating with a skeleton crew and is only handling issues relating to immediate threats to life or safety. Likely there won’t be anyone around to handle a paper submission, not that they’d know what to do with it anyhow.

IIRC the issues-and-programs lists will be due in the OPF’s two days after the shutdown ends.

That would be a wasted effort. The public file web site now contains a message about the shutdown, so there’s no mechanism for uploading the issues-and-programs lists. (I hope you remembered that all public files are only online now. Sending paper copies won’t work.)

I'm suggesting it to CYA. Sending a dated certified letter will prove that you completed your side of the project on time.

But this also points out some of the shortcomings of the online public file system. It seems no one at the FCC considered this possibility.

Obviously needs to be addressed when everyone is back up to speed.

The public file system simply should not have been taken offline.
It took some FCC employee's time to turn it off, time which should have been spent on something more productive than making sure that citizens would be unable to access government files for 3+ weeks.

RadioInk addressed this today:

ISSUES/PROGRAMS LISTS:
The 4th Quarter 2018 Issues/Programs Lists should be timely prepared despite the shutdown. If the FCC should resume normal operations on or prior to January 9, then the 4th Quarter 2018 Issues/Programs Lists are required to be uploaded by January 10. If the FCC remains closed on January 10 and beyond, then the 4th Quarter 2018 Issues/Programs Lists must be uploaded on the second business day of normal resumed FCC operations.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom