• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Any Word On When WDJO Secures Signal On Eastside of City?

Heard an announcement several months ago about DJO trying to gain a low power FM on the east side of Cinci? Right now their 99.5 signal is overtaken in Clermont County by the station in Ripley anywhere south of Milford. Any news that any one of you may have heard or read.

WDJO operates translators (not "low power FMs which is a completely different, non-commercial service) on both 99.5 and 107.9

I'm well aware of that,but they talked about a translator on the east side. That is what I'm inquiring about

Today is Sunday July 4th...Happy 4th everyone.

Does anyone know why 1480 am hasn't been on the air all week. I'm in a car all day and have tried to listen to 99.5 but it continually fades in and out. I don't even try 107 anymore, I just can't get it. I always got good coverage on 1480 no matter where I was and I miss it.

No idea....the translators aren't supposed to be on if the AM is off but that's flagrantly violated everywhere every day.

No idea....the translators aren't supposed to be on if the AM is off but that's flagrantly violated everywhere every day.
Obviously, if there is a catastrophic failure of the AM, the translator is not required to shut down. But I agree that this is often abused. The FCC should be more diligent in making sure that the AM, if off, is promptly returned to the air within an acceptable amount of time.

Hi All. New FM is coming soon (hopefully inside of 60 days) 1480 was downed by high water and milkweed vines. It was back after a few days.

Question.....all of our jingle masters have been "disappeared". Any jingle junkies here have anything? 80s logoset or Tony Griffin? Steve at TGP recently moved and can't get to archives until his stuff gets out of storage.

The two times I was listening would be considered during critical hours, but still daylight. Ingress was really rough. I also listened a time or two after sunset. Just noise.

Hi All. New FM is coming soon (hopefully inside of 60 days) 1480 was downed by high water and milkweed vines. It was back after a few days.

Question.....all of our jingle masters have been "disappeared". Any jingle junkies here have anything? 80s logoset or Tony Griffin? Steve at TGP recently moved and can't get to archives until his stuff gets out of storage.
Marty, it has been 60 days. Us eastsiders would love to receive your station on FM

It might amaze you guys...but I often pull in 1480-WDJO near Albany, NY at night!!! The signal obviously isn't great...but I can always tell what is playing and I hear the call letters mentioned often enough! I lived in Cincinnati way back when 1480 was WCIN and WSAI and WCPO were battling it out for the Top 40 audience...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom