Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Love 105 Minneapolis - More Adventurous Soft AC?

Quote Originally Posted by CTListener View Post
    But most ACs are only playing "The Look" as if it were Roxette's only hit, aren't they? It's the only track of hers that classic hits stations seem to be adding as they dip into the '90s.
    I would also consider "Dangerous" as an oh wow but nobody is playing that. "Listen To Your Heart" and "It Must Have Been Love" I believe are getting spins.
    Former Radio DJ (25 years)
    Current: Full-Time Wedding & Event DJ Entertainer (22 years and counting )
    John Gallagher Wedding & Special Event Entertainment

Quote Originally Posted by CTListener View Post
    But most ACs are only playing "The Look" as if it were Roxette's only hit, aren't they? It's the only track of hers that classic hits stations seem to be adding as they dip into the '90s.

Anyway, I listened for a couple of hours this morning and checked the playlist for the previous six hours. Looks like the mid-'60s titles like "Love Is Blue" and "She's Not There" have been dropped, nothing earlier than 1969 noted, and only one song from that year, still far more early '70s than today's classic hits stations will play.
    Roxette's a male/female duo, not a woman singer.

I'm pretty sure I know who's doing the music and I can guarantee you, if it's who I think it is... He's not going to play something that shouldn't be there.

Since my original post about the Love 105 playlist in February, the station is sticking with its unusually soft playlist. Here's what was played 5 - 7:15 pm on 4/20/2019...

Barbra Streisand--The Way We Were
    Anne Murray--Danny's Song
    James Taylor--You've Got A Friend
    The Doobie Brothers--What A Fool Believes
    Richard Marx--Right Here Waiting
    The Spinners--I'll Be Around
    George Michael--Father Figure
    Paul Davis--Sweet Life
    Louis Armstrong--What A Wonderful World
    Howard Jones--No One Is to Blame
    Chicago--Searching So Long
    Crystal Gayle & Eddie Rabbit--You & I
    Walter Egan--Magnet & Steel
    Whitney Houston--Where Do Broken Hearts Go?
    The Little River Band--Happy Anniversary
    Bonnie Raitt--I Can't Make You Love Me
    Neil Diamond--September Morn
    Stevie Wonder--My Cherie Amour
    Sheena Easton--Morning Train
    Sting--Fields of Gold
    Barry Manilow--Mandy
    Chris DeBurgh--The Lady in Red
    Cher--Believe
    Diana Ross--Love Hangover
    Gordon Lightfoot--If You Could Read My Mind
    Seals & Crofts--Diamond Girl
    Atlantic Star--Always
    Gladys Knight & The Pips--Neither One of Us

It really is an interesting playlist. The programmer is not afraid of Barbra Streisand, Anne Murray, Neil Diamond, Barry Manilow or Crystal Gayle. Even Louis Armstrong gets a spin.

I wonder if there are any categories in this playlist, so some songs rotate faster than others. I can't decipher any. I see Anne Murray and Barbra Streisand back to back. I see three 1970s songs out of four at the end, Gordon Lightfoot, Seals & Crofrts and Gladys Knight. Except for Believe by Cher, there are no songs from the 1990s. Which means almost everything is at least 30-40 years old.

I'm not complaining. It sounds good to me. But I also don't want Cumulus to decide a year from now "Soft AC doesn't work. Let's try something else."

As I'm listening, the station is automated. I see Love 105 uses the Cumulus syndicated Bob & Sheri in mornings. I assume the Soft AC songs continue to play, with only Bob & Sheri's chatter as part of the morning show. In the evening, it runs the syndicated John Tesh Intelligence for Your Life. Is there a weekday DJ in middays or PM drive?
    Last edited by Gregg.; 04-20-2019 at 08:29 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123