• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

950 XEKAM Radio Formula Format

Hey Guys:

Doing research on 950 AM. See that 950 XEKAM went from Spanish Top 40 to Spanish Talk as Radio Formula in 1998 when Radio Formula bought the station. Would anybody know when in 1998 this happened?
Thanks
Tommy C.

Hey Guys:

Doing research on 950 AM. See that 950 XEKAM went from Spanish Top 40 to Spanish Talk as Radio Formula in 1998 when Radio Formula bought the station. Would anybody know when in 1998 this happened?
Thanks
Tommy C.

My recollection is that ORF leased the station prior to buying, as I recall noticing that the network night show "La Mano Peluda" started showing in the LA book when I was still PD of KTNQ in LA, meaning 1996 or 1997. When "we" were buying 102.9 and 106.5 in the SD market, we saw the show getting #1 shares at night there... beating the English language stations.

At the same time, I had conversations with Rogerio Azcárraga about carrying some ORF shows in LA, but that never happened.

My recollection is that ORF leased the station prior to buying, as I recall noticing that the network night show "La Mano Peluda" started showing in the LA book when I was still PD of KTNQ in LA, meaning 1996 or 1997. When "we" were buying 102.9 and 106.5 in the SD market, we saw the show getting #1 shares at night there... beating the English language stations.

At the same time, I had conversations with Rogerio Azcárraga about carrying some ORF shows in LA, but that never happened.

KWKW 1330 (also KWKU 1220 in Pomona) was Radio Formula's affiliate in Los Angeles until 2005

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom