• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

A Merry Fezmas From Buckeye!

DrAkbar

Star Participant
Baby, it's cold outside...and the heater in our '76 Gremlin hasn't worked in years! But that doesn't deter Nurse Jeff and me from wishing your Hut the best from our Media Hut. We have so much to be grateful for this Fezmas, like:

* Mother Hubbard hasn't shown anyone the door (yet) this holiday season.

* The Old Gringo still has his Media Hut timeshare and uses it regularly.

* Mac 'n Gaydos provide plenty of fodder for our diatribes.

* KDUS may be the first Sports Parkinglot to bail, leaving way too many in the format.

* Students at the Media Hut get employee pricing 'cause we don't offer our employees any discount.

* KOOL beating KEZ to All Ho-Ho-Ho Music this year by several weeks.

* All Ho-Ho-Ho Music goes away almost as fast as Santa heads back to the North Pole.

* All the annoying translators which make us feel better about paying for SiriusXM.

So a tip of the fez to our many readers, and join us canal side as we light the Yule log donated by Lumberyard 14~Forty. Just look for the giant hot air fez, bobbing under high voltage SRP lines.

* The Old Gringo still has his Media Hut timeshare and uses it regularly.

Hey! I'm a consultant, and I don't share my time with anyone unless I can bill them for it!

Ho, ho, ho indeed!

* KDUS may be the first Sports Parkinglot to bail, leaving way too many in the format..

Bob Kemp is moving to 9-to-noon beginning January 2, after he returns from his 50th vacation this year (shades of Johnny Carson!). With NBC Sports Radio going away (with only a few programming exceptions), I wonder what Mother Hubbard has up their sleeve concerning the rest of the day.

My brother-in-law lives in Buckeye. I understand they don't have a decent internet service and he's thinking about going to satellite.

Bob Kemp is moving to 9-to-noon beginning January 2, after he returns from his 50th vacation this year (shades of Johnny Carson!). With NBC Sports Radio going away (with only a few programming exceptions), I wonder what Mother Hubbard has up their sleeve concerning the rest of the day.

The return of Bollywood hits (last heard seven years ago on 1440) between sports shows? I'd say put the Right Toyota boys back on in afternoons where no one can listen, but Roc is running the show over at The Fanatic.

Best of the ho-ho to all, but the Grinches at AZ DEQ have declared this a no-burn night! Hope that Yule log is LED powered.

Based on Radio Insight's reporting, it's going to remain sports, but not be branded as any particular radio network.

Based on Radio Insight's reporting, it's going to remain sports, but not be branded as any particular radio network.

According to Radio Online, 1060 will be getting the Right Toyota Boys (Roc and Manuch, who will also go national via their regained SB Nation Radio affiliation) back. Who knows if their twice-a-week car dealership remotes will continue. A match made in (bad) radio heaven.

Interesting enough, Roc was the architect of The Fanatic, and they will remain sports and kept the better national network. Jeffry O’Brien and The Daily Blender takes R&M’s slot.

Last edited:
My brother-in-law lives in Buckeye. I understand they don't have a decent internet service and he's thinking about going to satellite.

Au contraire. Parts of Buckeye have Zona's FTTH-- a gig, symmetrical, for a reasonable price. Doesn't get better than that, but it's only in a portion of Buckeye. Where it's available, it's enough to make one consider a move to Buckeye (hard as that concept is to swallow). Where it's not, might be enough to make a move away from Buckeye (much easier to understand). But watch out for satellite-- great download speeds are advertised. But they don't mention ping times. The latency is a deal breaker, even with today's advancements.

Zona also serves all of Vistancia (NW of Peoria) with a symmetrical gig FTTH. But after reading all the HOA and CC&R regulations, we passed on it too. But it was awfully tempting.

it's enough to make one consider a move to Buckeye (hard as that concept is to swallow).

But we could be neighbors. Imagine the thrill of knocking on the Media Hut front door and asking to borrow a cup of menudo? Our blazing fast ISP is the dial up modem we use to access AOL. Nothing like escaping the rat race of the city and taking a step back in time by anchoring your double wide here in dear old Buckeye!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom