Thread: 98.5 The Sports Hub signs ‘Toucher and Rich’ to multi-year extension

98.5 The Sports Hub signs ‘Toucher and Rich’ to multi-year extension

The news Thursday that Fred Toucher and Rich Shertenlieb, hosts of 98.5 The Sports Hub’s morning drive program, had agreed to a multiyear contract extension might have come as somewhat of a surprise to listeners who had been tuning in recently.
    https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...NSI/story.html

Quote Originally Posted by freqlost View Post

98.5 The Sports Hub signs ‘Toucher and Rich’ to multi-year extension
    Any idea what the money is?

Quote Originally Posted by Wimmmex View Post
    Any idea what the money is?
    I was hoping someone here would have that info.

It’s Toettcher.

Apparently former Houston sports talk host Ted Johnson is on board too though I don't know what shift? The ex-Pat LB'er I thought had a pretty good post FB career going in a major market:https://www.chron.com/sports/article...T-13128165.php

I didn't get the whole conversation but T&R were talking about getting rid of the overnight block from CBS sports radio (12-6am). That would be no more Ferrall between M-2 which I usually catch for a while, though they didn't say that. They were mostly talking about Amie L (who I've never heard) on 2-6. They didn't say what would replace CBS.
    Judging by the amount of Boston calls I don't think a Ferrall loss would be popular at all.

Quote Originally Posted by QED View Post
    I didn't get the whole conversation but T&R were talking about getting rid of the overnight block from CBS sports radio
    Entercom is a partner in the CBS Sports Radio, although it's something they inherited from CBS.

WFAN NYC and WSCR CHI both run local shows all night long. So perhaps that would be the plan in Boston too.

WEEI's site says WEEI at night till 2 am (live or maybe rebroadcasts?) then SB Nation.Don't know if Entercom/ radio.com would have them pick up CBS SR. Maybe not. 850 runs all ESPN while iHeart's 1200 has Fox Sports overnight

Not surprising given they axed the cbs sports radio minutes months ago. I think they are stuck with it right now since weei has sb nation. Unless they grab Fox sports radio again. I doubt they'd go local although it would be nice.
    tom in frraaanklinnnn

I think FSR has been running overnights on Talk 1200
    "Its music what makes a radio station, and at Live FM, we play the last music around."
    After receiving that copy, I quit the VO industry.