• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

94.5 XHTY History For David.

Can anybody fill in the blanks for me.
94.5 History
July 20, 1979-XHTY 94.5-___________Format? "Radio Tambora 94.5 XHTY-FM"

199________-XHTY 94.5-Regional Mexican "La Invasora 94.5"

Thanks For Your Help
Tommy C.

Can anybody fill in the blanks for me.
94.5 History
July 20, 1979-XHTY 94.5-___________Format? "Radio Tambora 94.5 XHTY-FM"

199________-XHTY 94.5-Regional Mexican "La Invasora 94.5"

Thanks For Your Help
Tommy C.

Radio Tambora was a Regional Mexican format.

By 1999 when KLNV and KLQV went on the air, 94.5 had become Amor, while XHTY moved to 99.3.

Last edited:
XHTY moves to 99.7 and XHA (formerly XHAMR) moves to 94.5 but in 2005 returns La Invasora only for Tijuana and the 99.7 for San Diego

Thanks David. Doing big time research on the history of San Diego Radio including Tijuana. Tijuana radio station history are hard to find.

On April 8, 1999 94.5 XHTY Regional Mexican went XHA Spanish AC as Radio Amor 94.5. Regional Mexican La Invasora 94.5 XHTY moved to 99.7 and became La Invasora 99.7 XHTY on the same day.

Trying to find out when 94.5 XHTY went to La Invasora from Radio Tambora? I am thinking 1993 or 1994. Radio Tambora 94.5 was on the air in 1989.

Tommy C.

Radio Tambora 94.5 FM was originally part of Radio Cadena Nacional, a group that had their offices in Downtown and operated also another legendary station RCN 1470 AM, that had old radio shows like La Tremenda Corte and Kaliman. Radio Tambora was one of the first stations that featured on FM mexican regional popular music, alongside X99 Fiesta Mexicana on 99.3 FM (Califormula) . Uniradio bought around 1998 both stations.

On the Uniradio bussiness website (www.uniradio.com), there is some info:

About La Invasora 94.5, i quote: "...In 1998 Uniradio continued growing and integrated 3 more radio stations into the group, one of them was Invasora 94.5. Invasora started off strong and quickly became one of the most listened radio stations in the region. Thanks to the music variety, its radio DJ´s, promotions and events, Invasora is the #1 radio station in Tijuana...."

About La Invasora 99.7 FM: "...Acquired by Uniradio in 1998, Invasora 99.7 covers mainly the San Diego area, and a part of Tijuana. Since its beginning, Invasora 99.7 came in strong and quickly positioned itself amongst the top Latin radio stations. Invasora 99.7 targets the ever-growing Latin audience in San Diego, which is constantly seeking to stay close to their culture and roots...".

I hope this helps a little bit...

Last edited:
Radio Tambora 94.5 FM was originally part of Radio Cadena Nacional, a group that had their offices in Downtown and operated also another legendary station RCN 1470 AM, that had old radio shows like La Tremenda Corte and Kaliman. Radio Tambora was one of the first stations that featured on FM mexican regional popular music, alongside X99 Fiesta Mexicana on 99.3 FM (Califormula) . Uniradio bought around 96-97 both stations.

On the Uniradio bussiness website (www.uniradio.com), there is some info:

About La Invasora 94.5, i quote: "...In 1998 Uniradio continued growing and integrated 3 more radio stations into the group, one of them was Invasora 94.5. Invasora started off strong and quickly became one of the most listened radio stations in the region. Thanks to the music variety, its radio DJ´s, promotions and events, Invasora is the #1 radio station in Tijuana...."

About La Invasora 99.7 FM: "...Acquired by Uniradio in 1988, Invasora 99.7 covers mainly the San Diego area, and a part of Tijuana. Since its beginning, Invasora 99.7 came in strong and quickly positioned itself amongst the top Latin radio stations. Invasora 99.7 targets the ever-growing Latin audience in San Diego, which is constantly seeking to stay close to their culture and roots...".

I hope this helps a little bit...

I remember the lobby of XERCN with its bronze plaque honoring rafael Cutberto Navarro, the founder of RCN "La que le gusta a Usted" at XERPM in Mexico City.

Of course, Fiesta Mexicana was a clone of the Guadalajara station of the Radios Comerciales group, of which Víctor Díaz of Califormula was an heir. When Víctor's father passed, there was a huge fight among the heirs, and they ended up splitting the Guadalajara building in two, by creating a second entrance and erecting concrete walls in the hallways on each floor. Víctor took the TJ stations and got out of the way of the battle.

Last edited:
Jarr750114:
Thanks for your answer!! Awesome info. Especially about how Radio Tambora was one of the first stations that featured on FM Mexican regional popular music. I can use that.

Would you know when Radio Tambora 94.5 went to La Invasora 94.5? Can't find this info anywhere.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom