• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Star flips AM & PM Drive Talent

Kent (without Alan who's retiring to the San Juans) to PM Drive (Super Jen & Marina Rockinger join him)
Curt & Corine to AM Drive
Leonard stays as morning producer

Takes effect 1/2

Wishing Alan Budwill the best. He was at STAR for a long time, well-deserved retirement!

Hell of a run for Kent and Alan at 32 years! That must be some kind of record for a duo on one station in Seattle???
Nice to see someone leave radio on their own terms, pretty rare these days. Wish Alan the best and Kent as well, long run as PD at STAR continues.

Hell of a run for Kent and Alan at 32 years! That must be some kind of record for a duo on one station in Seattle???
Nice to see someone leave radio on their own terms, pretty rare these days. Wish Alan the best and Kent as well, long run as PD at STAR continues.

My congrats to Alan for his retirement choice. He is a total pro, and a nice guy. Kent is also one of the good guys, and he continues to plug along with his talents! There is something to be said for radio folk who treat each other, and their co-workers nicely, and that is the end result of Kent and Alan. I know, I worked with them for years.

Radio needs more guys like these two. Good luck to both as they continue on in the radio wheel of fortune.

I know Kent, Alan, and Leonard check into this site from time to time. I too wish them all the best.

It was a sincere pleasure and an honor to have worked with them for several years.

Classy final program … and a flood of memories came rushing back to me in that two-minute break as K&A said goodbye to each other after about 30 years together on air. Frankly, I'm disappointed that the transition doesn't get as much ink on this board as something like whether you can hear a Tumwater LPFM station in Anacortes …. but so be it. This market is what it is. And it is lesser for Alan's departure … but happy as hell for him. What a cool thing to absolutely love the place you live.

Classy final program … and a flood of memories came rushing back to me in that two-minute break as K&A said goodbye to each other after about 30 years together on air. Frankly, I'm disappointed that the transition doesn't get as much ink on this board as something like whether you can hear a Tumwater LPFM station in Anacortes …. but so be it. This market is what it is. And it is lesser for Alan's departure … but happy as hell for him. What a cool thing to absolutely love the place you live.

What a run for Alan, nice to read about such a long run and getting to end on his terms.

Damn, didn't know the final show was today. Will have to see if someone airchecked it.

"...Star 101.5, it's the Kent & Boris show. I'm Kent...*

"....and this is Boris Ephstyn, you politically correct little deep state snowflakes...."

"Boris, we had this discussion just before the show. We don't do it like the TV station here..."

"Who the hell is Shawn Mendes? Is he here legally?.."

"Boris, please...."

"Well you just wait until we show a must-run expose on this. Then you little leftist antifa Mama's boys will be so sorry you ever doubted the sheer power of President Donald J...."

"OKAY! ON THE WAY, THE LATEST FROM MAROON FIVE...."

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom