• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

A thought just occurred to me..

Spanish sports! I don't remember if any philly AM or HD has tried spanish language sports, like ESPN' Deportes network. I'm surprised that WNWR hasn't tried it out, since from what I could tell, Philly is a huge sports city with a sizable latino community.

I reckon if it could actually work, it would have been on air by now.

Spanish sports! I don't remember if any philly AM or HD has tried spanish language sports, like ESPN' Deportes network. I'm surprised that WNWR hasn't tried it out, since from what I could tell, Philly is a huge sports city with a sizable latino community.

I reckon if it could actually work, it would have been on air by now.

There are Spanish Phillies broadcasts (and I think Eagles, not 100% certain on that one). Outside of that... is there enough population... and is that population into it enough to make it profitable? Spanish stations have proven to do fairly well in Allentown and Reading where there is a more sizable Spanish speaking population...

DavidEduardo could probably break down the demographics to say if there's enough audience to have an ESPN Deportes (or something of the like) as well as Z99.9 and Mega 105.7

I thought WWDB did that for a while, wrapped around the brokered crud, before taking on the old WNWR crud. Could have been a jalapeño induced hallucination.

Yes, WWDB ran ESPN Deportes full-time for a while (less than a year, I think) and may have used it to fill unsold hours after that.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom