• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

2.4 Now StartTV

I just noticed 2.4 is a new sub channel called Starttv came on the air in the last 24 to 36 hrs. Show line up really sucks if they do not pick up better shows this network will not last a year.

I first noticed Start TV on 2.4 yesterday (12/8) but I think it was added at the beginning of December. I had done a rescan on my one OTA set last weekend (to clear out the mapping for the now-defunct KHLM/43) so 2.4 would have been present at that time—it would not have shown up on my tv otherwise.

Start TV markets itself as a female targeted channel with shows that feature strong female leads. The lineup seems to be a solid mix off-network shows from the past 10-15 years.

The other KPRC subchannels are on Xfinity here in Houston, so I would guess Start would eventually be added as well.

Only other Texas market with Start TV is DFW, airing on KTVT 11.2.

Only other Texas market with Start TV is DFW, airing on KTVT 11.2.

One of the good parts of Houston lacking an NBC and/or CBS O&O is that both diginets continue to be available over-the-air (ironically Decades is carried on the Fox duopoly subchannel). Also, Houston is one of the few markets to still have Live Well available due to the ABC O&O downshifting. The oddities of the Houston DMA!

The good news is that Houston is the largest market to have both Start TV and Decades on a subchannel of full-power stations. Washington D.C. is actually the largest market for Decades (but on a subchannel of a LPTV).

Although, I was blindsided by KPRC reactivating the x.4 subchannel to carry Start TV. I thought it would replace Decades in the same fashion as the CBS O&Os.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom