• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

1550 XEBG

Hey Guys:

This one is for David. Or anybody who might know this.

What kind of Spanish Music did XEBG 1550 play during the 80's and 90's and when did it go all Talk? When I did research I saw it was playing Musica Moderna which means Modern Music.

Talk I think was 2003.

Thanks
Tommy C.

XEBG 1550 starts the All talk programming since 2008 when ESPN Deportes Radio's was affiliated, until October 2009 when the ESPN Deportes's programming moved to 800 AM (until September 2010) and begins to be affiliated to W Radio to the present day (but started broadcasting some programs like Martha Debayle, Hoy por Hoy with León Krauze and El Weso since May 2009)

But the station broadcast news/talk programming since the 90's with Radio Periodico de Hoy hosted by José Lino Ortiz (RIP) and some programs of Grupo Radio Centro from Mexico City and the newscasts of Cadena Radio Centro until 1994 and Canal Continental de Noticias of Grupo Promomedios from Guadalajara, Jalisco since the 90's and from 2000 was affiliated of Imagen Informativa's newscasts hosted by Pedro Ferríz de Con, Carmen Aristegui and Javier Solorzano (that both left the radio network until the end of 2002) until September 2010 when moved to 800 AM broadcasting the Imagen Radio's programming until 2015

Last edited:
What kind of Spanish Music did XEBG 1550 play during the 80's and 90's and when did it go all Talk? When I did research I saw it was playing Musica Moderna which means Modern Music.

Tommy C.

"Música Moderna" was for decades the term in México for pop / contemporary music. It is a term not much used anymore, but from the 60's to the 90's, it was the common descriptor used for format descriptions.

For example, in a 60's issue of the Mexican media directory MPM, it says about two Mexico City stations:

XERC "Música Modern en inglés y espñol"
XEJP "Música Moderna en español"

These were two of the 5 stations in the group where I interned in Mexico City, so I know the descriptions are correct!

XEBG 1550 starts the All talk programming since 2008 when ESPN Deportes Radio's was affiliated, until October 2009 when the ESPN Deportes's programming moved to 800 AM (until September 2010) and begins to be affiliated to W Radio to the present day (but started broadcasting some programs like Martha Debayle, Hoy por Hoy with León Krauze and El Weso since May 2009)

But the station broadcast news/talk programming since the 90's with Radio Periodico de Hoy hosted by José Lino Ortiz (RIP) and some programs of Grupo Radio Centro from Mexico City and the newscasts of Cadena Radio Centro until 1994 and Canal Continental de Noticias of Grupo Promomedios from Guadalajara, Jalisco since the 90's and from 2000 was affiliated of Imagen Informativa's newscasts hosted by Pedro Ferríz de Con, Carmen Aristegui and Javier Solorzano (that both left the radio network until the end of 2002) until September 2010 when moved to 800 AM broadcasting the Imagen Radio's programming until 2015

GEDA 1990 would you know when in 1990's they started talk programming on 1550 XEBG?

Thanks
Tommy C.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom