WOGL

Thread: WOGL

WOGL

I wonder will WOGL go all Christmas this year or will they skip it because of WBEB playing Christmas music?
    Julius May, Philadelphia PA.

Quote Originally Posted by Jul View Post
    I wonder will WOGL go all Christmas this year or will they skip it because of WBEB playing Christmas music?
    I've heard them sprinkle in a christmas song or two, but I doubt they'll go All-Christmas now that WBEB is a sister station. Only exception is if they go all-Christmas for Christmas Eve/Day.

Quote Originally Posted by atthestars View Post
    I've heard them sprinkle in a christmas song or two, but I doubt they'll go All-Christmas now that WBEB is a sister station. Only exception is if they go all-Christmas for Christmas Eve/Day.
    So *that's* why I haven't heard cross promotions for "W-Oh-Oh-Oh-GL" on KYW this season.

ixnay

There was never any doubt that they weren't going to go all-Christmas this year. But, yeah, doing it on Christmas Day can't hurt B101 in the grand scheme of things. But I wonder if there's even an upside to doing it. May as well just keep doing what they're doing (which I believe is called "basically killin' it").
    It ain't no country club either.

This is the Christmas format I like, and glad its back. Before Sunny started the all Christmas format alot of stations would sprinkle in Christmas music, at increasing rates as you got closer to Christmas, ending with the 36, 24 or 12hrs of Christmas. Even Q102 did this, and with classic songs too. Imagine hearing an Andy Williams song on that station today?

Yeah, I liked those days (anyone remember Christmas kisses—15 minute blocks on Kiss 100?).

But that ship done did sail for the most part. If it wasn’t Sunny here, it would have been the B.

I also agree. I like this format as well. I like the songs sprinkled in and then more add each week leading up to Christmas. This is how WCAU-FM Hot Hits did this. Although, I don't believe they ever went all Christmas. I think they started as the first week of December, 1 Christmas song per hour, then the second week 2 and so on. I also do not believe they played very many if at all older songs. I remember, Last Christmas by Wham!, Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer by Elmo and Patsy, Do they know its Christmas? by Band Aid, Christmas Time by Bryan Adams, Wonderful Christmas Time by Paul McCartney, Christmas in Hollis by Run DMC, Winter Wonderland by The Eurythmics, 2000 Miles by the Pretenders and a few others. Great Times.