• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

More KYW changes

I like her [Cheri Gregg's] insight, but the only thing that irks me is when she says her name at the end of her reports. It's like she has trouble pronouncing it or doesn't show confidence in saying her name. Does she not like her name or something?

A former Canadian Prime Minister didn't like hers. Otherwise the world would have known her as Avril (not Kim) Campbell.

Back to the topic... I stopped listening to KY' in morning drive (I live and commute outside the market so I don't need the traffic reports), having tired of Carol's "Good MORNING!" Wonder how Brandon and Sam truly like it.

ixnay

I like her insight, but the only thing that irks me is when she says her name at the end of her reports. It's like she has trouble pronouncing it or doesn't show confidence in saying her name. Does she not like her name or something?

She says her name and then says "KYW news radio" as fast as possible, like she's ashamed of where she works. Very entitled, very unprofessional.

Her whole presentation and personality makes her entitled. It comes right through every time.

Her speech pattern is unprofessional.

I guess I do not know as much about speech patterns for radio news, but she doesn't sound too bad to me. I would just emphasize KYW News Radio a bit more if I were here, but I don't know, just sounds less like news, and more conversational, which is not how news radio should sound.

In 2018, conversational is much more accepted. It’s true across media. No real reason news radio would be exempt.

The rest sounds like a personal axe to grind.

As of yesterday, TruMark no longer sponsors traffic, as well as National Appliance Warehouse with Rewind. Feels weird hearing the anchors say "KYW 24 Hour Traffic Center" again after all these years.

I like Michelle Durham. Plus Carol MacKensie . It’s hard being affable at that hour of the morning but Carol succeeds . I give her credit . What drives me nuts is the adverts thrown in on traffic . If you have styles you’ll love for less, but some separate time slots .

She definetly has an agenda. She feels entitled to it. Just listen and you'll know what I mean.

This sounds suspiciously like a previously banned poster.

As for the tone, I think it works for attracting a bit of a younger demographic. But I don't hear an "agenda"

I just heard a story from Cherri that is defending the members of MOVE.

What agenda does she have? You have to be kidding me.

I just heard a story from Cherri that is defending the members of MOVE.

What agenda does she have? You have to be kidding me.

No. You've got to be kidding us. You can't possibly believe that she she or anyone at the station is allowed to write her own editorials and read them on the air. Seems you're the one with the agenda. I think some of the other folks here are right: If you're not the banned racist, you and he certainly seem to belong to some of the same mailing lists. Can we please shut this down?

I just read the story that I suspect is the one referenced. The post two above is at best a deliberate misrepresentation.

She filed a story about something that happened. That’s pretty much her job.

I agree. It's what's infested Sears. Even Henry Ford stopped making tin lizzies and evolved.

If I were Silverman I no doubt would've made the same changes, make it fresher. I'm looking at this from a listener's perspective. I do like the repositioning of sports on the wheel. Next month I won't have to wade through half of the half hour for Phillies ST news. :)

ixnay

I agree. It's what's infested Sears. Even Henry Ford stopped making tin lizzies and evolved.

If I were Silverman I no doubt would've made the same changes, make it fresher. I'm looking at this from a listener's perspective. I do like the repositioning of sports on the wheel. Next month I won't have to wade through half of the half hour for Phillies ST news. :)

ixnay

Oops, wrong thread.

ixnay

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom