More KYW changes - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More KYW changes

Quote Originally Posted by Big Weed View Post
    The morning weather gal Fralinger is horrible. Their news reporting is horrible. The fact that they're so cheap as to not subscribe to Accuweather is ...I really miss Elliot Abrams and his soliloquies .
    I don't mind the CBS 3 weather people as much as the traffic team. Ever since early 2017 when CBS/Entercom parted ways with TTN, they picked horrible personalities. Stevie Reese and Justin Drabick can NOT do traffic, at least during busy times like weekdays. Studdering, mumbling, constantly trying to catch their breath (especially Drabick). There are some personalities that cannot do unscripted live reports like traffic, and they are one of them. Others like Stephanie Humphrey and Jim Hubmaster, and of course Sam Clover, do a much better job at it.

Also is it me or has KYW canned Reporters' Roundup? Suzanne Monahan did a regular news hour from 12-1pm, with Nikazy hopping on at the top of the hour at 1:00 (he usually does the :30 spot from 12:30-4).

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM2011 View Post
    I don't mind the CBS 3 weather people as much as the traffic team. Ever since early 2017 when CBS/Entercom parted ways with TTN, they picked horrible personalities. Stevie Reese and Justin Drabick can NOT do traffic, at least during busy times like weekdays. Studdering, mumbling, constantly trying to catch their breath (especially Drabick). There are some personalities that cannot do unscripted live reports like traffic, and they are one of them. Others like Stephanie Humphrey and Jim Hubmaster, and of course Sam Clover, do a much better job at it.
    What traffic service does KYW use now?

... The fact that they're so cheap as to not subscribe to Accuweather is ...I really miss Elliot Abrams and his soliloquies .
    AccuWeather is available on barter, doesn't cost them much of anything other than about 4 minutes of inventory a week.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyNT View Post
    AccuWeather is available on barter, doesn't cost them much of anything other than about 4 minutes of inventory a week.
    But in a business sense... why give up any inventory when you have the availability of meteorologists already in the same building as you? (And until the CBS Radio split from the TV), they were on the same payroll. It cost 1060 nothing to add some pre-recorded reports to the duties of the TV weatherfolk.

Elaine Keno
    She was 100% bad.
    Julius May, Philadelphia PA.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12