It is time to ask the question
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It is time to ask the question

It is time to ask the question

Outside of an all-news format like WBBM, does live and local matter any more? While I certainly prefer it, I am a month away from 60 and hardly anyone's target democraphic. What are your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by sjs1959 View Post
    Outside of an all-news format like WBBM, does live and local matter any more? While I certainly prefer it, I am a month away from 60 and hardly anyone's target democraphic. What are your thoughts?
    Can you point to a specific major market competitive situation where "recorded and out of town" beats "live and local"?

Quote Originally Posted by Wimmmex View Post
    Can you point to a specific major market competitive situation where "recorded and out of town" beats "live and local"?
    Steve Harvey on V103. Although technically he spends some time in Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by sjs1959 View Post
    Yeah if you are more of a listener of WGN radio, as most of their programming are live and local hosts that host their shows right from their studios. They only have a 1 hour block on Sunday mornings that are syndicated programming, the rest of their shows are hosts that host from their studios. Other then WGN Radio there are not much talk stations that airs a lot of live and local talk, WVMP ESPN Radio is more sports talk even through they have a lot of local sports talk shows from mid mornings to at least the night hours. WLS AM is just about to go to almost all syndicated programming, with the expection of tier morning show, and i still have no idea who will be in at 5 PM to do a show.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post
    When does he spend any time in Chicago? He used to have his old talk show that taped in the NBC towers, and when he was in town to tape his show he would broadcast his syndicated morning show from Chicago, and he has moved his talk show to Los Angeles, so really when does he spent time (if at all) in Chicago?

Quote Originally Posted by staggmovie View Post
    When does he spend any time in Chicago?
    Whether he does or not, he's #3 in Chicago morning drive, behind Mix and BBM. So obviously his geography doesn't affect his ratings.

He's among the highest rated morning shows in most of the markets where he airs, including New York and DC.

His audience cares nothing about live and local.

Whether he does or not, he's #3 in Chicago morning drive, behind Mix and BBM. So obviously his geography doesn't affect his ratings.

He's among the highest rated morning shows in most of the markets where he airs, including New York and DC.

His audience cares nothing about live and local.
    Yep I know, his name always comes up when Robert Feder reports the ratings for the mornings, midays, afternoons, and evenings. I am amazed that people in Chicago, didn't go phooey on you since you took your talk show out of Chicago, and stopped tuning into his radio show.

What are the odds the average V103 listener knows Steve Harvey has a daytime talk show?
    "Its music what makes a radio station, and at Live FM, we play the last music around."
    After receiving that copy, I quit the VO industry.

What is the format competitor for V103? Who is the morning man for the competing format?

I don't think he's competing with BBM (Or Mix?) Does he have any real competitors?

What are his ratings in NY and DC? ...and who is the format competitor there?
    Last edited by Wimmmex; 12-05-2018 at 12:07 AM.

I donít think as many people care anymore in larger cities. Itís so watered down nowdays that it can be difficult to tell the difference. And now with Spotify and streaming people just connect bluetooth and listen that way.

In smaller, more rural areas that live and local factor becomes more important. Itís their connection to the community.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast