• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

95.1 zzo

Is 95.1 zzo a station that is part of Philadelphia market because in some areas in the area the station is available. What is your favor rock station in Pennsylvania

WZZO and two other iHeart stations out of the market show up, albeit near the bottoms, of various Wilkes-Barre/Scranton books. The others are Williamsport's WKSB 102.7 and the somewhat inexplicable WAEB *AM* on 790; the FM B-104 doesn't seem to do anything in WB/S

Is 95.1 zzo a station that is part of Philadelphia market because in some areas in the area the station is available. What is your favor rock station in Pennsylvania

WZZO is in the Allentown / Bethlehem market. It's not considered, within the industry, as a Philadelphia station as it is not in the Metro Survey Area and its usable signal only covers less populated parts of two of the 8 counties in the Philly MSA.

They were like a local, until WPEB fired up their translator on 95.1 a few years back, with the exact same coverage as their main signal on 88.1.

They were like a local, until WPEB fired up their translator on 95.1 a few years back, with the exact same coverage as their main signal on 88.1.

True, besides WZZO, it appears that the LV stations are unlistenable in Philly metro any longer thanks to the translators. And I saw a new posting by someone in this board that 100.7 will soon have its new translator ready to be signed on rebroadcasting K-Love, thus killing the WLEV signal in the city. I hate translators! I hate how the FCC signs on translators on frequencies that are usually occupied by signals from dozens of miles away that are heard with a decent signal. This totally ruins my chance of enjoying listening to stations from far away.

As for 95.1, once I am on Christopher Columbus Blvd, overlooking the Camden skyline, traces of WAYV can be heard along with the translator signal.

True, besides WZZO, it appears that the LV stations are unlistenable in Philly metro any longer thanks to the translators. And I saw a new posting by someone in this board that 100.7 will soon have its new translator ready to be signed on rebroadcasting K-Love, thus killing the WLEV signal in the city. I hate translators! I hate how the FCC signs on translators on frequencies that are usually occupied by signals from dozens of miles away that are heard with a decent signal. This totally ruins my chance of enjoying listening to stations from far away.

As for 95.1, once I am on Christopher Columbus Blvd, overlooking the Camden skyline, traces of WAYV can be heard along with the translator signal.

I agree with everything you said, it seems that most of the new translators popping up are on LV signals that have occupied their respective frequencies for decades, (with the exception of 92.9) these translators or LPFMs direct their signals to the southeast into NJ. 95.1 kills WZZO, 96.1 destroys WCTO, 99.9 kills WODE, 102.5 wipes out WRFY and here in Jersey 98.5 kills WBBO, 103.7 kills WMGM, 105.7 kills WCHR and 106.5 beats up WTHJ. I agree it isn't right to make these once listenable signals unavailable now.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom