Hd radio changes - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hd radio changes

Moderator/Co-Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by wavo View Post
    I curious...how many posters/lurkers on this board have at least one HD capable radio? I assume we're somewhat more interested in the business of radio than the average Joe/Jane.
    Two cars with HD here, but never listen to an HD pure-play as there is nothing in this smaller market that makes me want to listen.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, Billboard, Cash Box, R&R, Record World, Music & Media, Audio, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, Popular Electronics, Studio Sound, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

I curious...how many posters/lurkers on this board have at least one HD capable radio? I assume we're somewhat more interested in the business of radio than the average Joe/Jane.
    I have an insignia portable at home and use it for the oldies HD2 of WDRC-FM, which has an outlier's-delight playlist of big hits and obscurities, basically anything that hit the top 40 on either the pop or R&B chart from the mid-'50s through 1969. Song selection seems purely random --- some hours are full of popular oldies, then the next hour most songs will be songs hardly anyone remembers. (Procol Harum's "Homburg," anyone? How about Marianne Faithfull's "Come and Stay With Me"?) It will never make a penny for the station and it's been in place since Buckley owned the station, which was sold four years ago.

Until recently, I also used this to listen to the iHeart classic country feed on WWYZ's HD2, but that stream was dumped for The Breeze a couple of weeks ago; no HD3 was created, the format was simply eliminated. I only listen to The Breeze occasionally. None of the stuff on the other HDs really interests me, except for WTIC-FM's HD relay of out-of-market (Boston) sports talker WEEI. We get all the Boston ads, but my listening to this HD relay from 120 miles away makes me worthless to those advertisers and to Entercom, so I have no idea why it's even carried here.

I have the Insignia pocket HD radio - NS-HD01A - discontinued in 2014 and the Insignia portable NS-HDRAD2 currently still in commission at Best Buy. No car radio with HD.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12