Hd radio changes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hd radio changes

Hd radio changes

I heart radio flipped both 94.9 hd2 and hd3 to new formats. To capitalize on the recent trends to bring soft ac back to the radio I heart added the breeze to HD2 replacing the old WCCV feed that was dropped in the summer. And wgst lost its fm signal as I heart added Variety hITS "THE LAKE" TO HD 3

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Rose 2.0 View Post
    I heart radio flipped both 94.9 hd2 and hd3 to new formats. To capitalize on the recent trends to bring soft ac back to the radio I heart added the breeze to HD2 replacing the old WCCV feed that was dropped in the summer. And wgst lost its fm signal as I heart added Variety hITS "THE LAKE" TO HD 3
    Interesting that radio is finally paying some attention to their HD channels.

A couple of years back, a station I worked with had an interesting experience. The main channel was in HD and due to a technical issue the HD1 channel had no audio. Analog was working fine but no audio on the HD signal.
    Not long after the HD audio was lost the receptionist started getting calls from people saying they could only hear the station for a few seconds. If memory serves she received over 20 calls in one hour!

If you have a HD receiver you know you must tune to the frequency and receive analog audio for a few seconds until the receiver captures and buffers the HD signal. So people with HD receivers didn't know they had HD receivers! Seems to be a common problem - people have these HD radios in their cars but have no idea they have one or how to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by wavo View Post
    Interesting that radio is finally paying some attention to their HD channels.

A couple of years back, a station I worked with had an interesting experience. The main channel was in HD and due to a technical issue the HD1 channel had no audio. Analog was working fine but no audio on the HD signal.
    Not long after the HD audio was lost the receptionist started getting calls from people saying they could only hear the station for a few seconds. If memory serves she received over 20 calls in one hour!

If you have a HD receiver you know you must tune to the frequency and receive analog audio for a few seconds until the receiver captures and buffers the HD signal. So people with HD receivers didn't know they had HD receivers! Seems to be a common problem - people have these HD radios in their cars but have no idea they have one or how to use it.
    They definitely make it more difficult to find than they should... My vehicle, a 2016 Kia Sorento, doesn't even have HD.

I'll never understand why iHeart here chooes religious programming on Power961 (HD2) and Spanish (HD3) when many other iHeart Top 40s have Evolution, Spin Cycle and other dance/EDM on their subchanels. (smh)

Now if we can only get the cloud to get a better sound on the HD stations for 99.7. 99X sounds awful. I can't even listen to it. Too compressed maybe? Meanwhile, Entercom sounds real good on the HD side. COX isn't much better on 97.1. TOSOTR sounds like my speakers have pillows sitting on top of them. Glad to see we have Soft Hits and Variety Hits in town and would support a translator signal for one or both of those HD signals. Personally, I think Variety Hits has a better chance than Soft Hits.

96.7 THE BEAT definitely needs an HD channel. Nobody knows the station even exists especially anyone north of the Airport

THE BEAT is on 96.1 hd3

They should promote it but most stations never promote their HD channels

Quote Originally Posted by ShawtyBlack_ATL View Post
    They should promote it but most stations never promote their HD channels
    Hell Shawty...most stations don't even advertise their ANALOG channel!

Imagine that. A business which sells advertising doesn't believe in using advertising...

I curious...how many posters/lurkers on this board have at least one HD capable radio? I assume we're somewhat more interested in the business of radio than the average Joe/Jane.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast