Banned Christmas and winter songs
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Banned Christmas and winter songs

Banned Christmas and winter songs

Amid #MeToo concerns, Cleveland's WDOK has excised "Baby It's Cold Outside" from its holiday playlist.

From WJW FOX 8: WDOK stops playing 'Baby It's Cold Outside' amid 'Me Too' movement.
    Last edited by Kemosabe; 12-01-2018 at 10:12 AM.
    Plugged into the electric radio

WDOK very publicly "banned" the song, and reaped tons of free publicity or "earned media".

Wow, they are being really disingenuous. That article says their Facebook poll only shows a small percentage wanted it banned and they say a majority wanted it banned?

Actually that's just flat out dishonest. I can't see that helping their reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by FM_Listener View Post

Actually that's just flat out dishonest. I can't see that helping their reputation.
    They didn't use the Facebook poll for the decision. The article says they used a poll on the station website. Two different things.

I realize that, but a a reasonable person would assume that the results were likely similar between the two polls, or at least not completely flip/flopped.

And they didn't show the results of the poll on the station web site. Now why would that be? Clearly something is not right there.

Quote Originally Posted by FM_Listener View Post

And they didn't show the results of the poll on the station web site. Now why would that be? Clearly something is not right there.
    Maybe they should appoint a special prosecutor.

This is ridiculous! The song is clearly about a woman who is playing "hard to get". That said, it wasn't considered a holiday favorite until probably the "Elf" movie. It could easily go back in storage.

Quote Originally Posted by semoochie View Post
    This is ridiculous! The song is clearly about a woman who is playing "hard to get". That said, it wasn't considered a holiday favorite until probably the "Elf" movie. It could easily go back in storage.
    I guess when the old man drugs her drink makes it easier to get her.

Quote Originally Posted by Don CT View Post
    I guess when the old man drugs her drink makes it easier to get her.
    No one is old! The reference to the drink is part of "drunk humor", which doesn't translate very well to modern audiences but used to be quite common. It doesn't mean that someone drugged her drink. That would've been unthinkable in 1944 and probably 1964!

Perhaps AARP will attempt to banish "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer" from the airwaves.
    Plugged into the electric radio

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast