George HW Bush dead at age 94
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: George HW Bush dead at age 94

George HW Bush dead at age 94

I am seeing on Facebook, that former President George HW Bush has died at the age of 94. He was the last president so far to be defeated for re-election. And his wife only passed away earlier this year, where I had thought she had died at least the last couple of years, but didn't think it was that soon. He became the oldest president at the age of 93 surpassing Gerald Ford who had died in 2006. Here is one of the stories that is reporting his death https://www.etonline.com/former-pres...ATENCzANycUcyA , or check out your favorite site or online newspaper to read more about his death as well.
    Last edited by staggmovie; 12-01-2018 at 01:28 AM. Reason: I added a news link for a source to his death

He's reunited with Barbara, up in Heaven. May he RIP forever. What a class act he was, no matter what political affiliation you have, and condolences to George W., Laura and the rest of the Bush's.
    780 AM's in the log, 656 FMs (250 from Western WA), That's a DXer!
    FM, AM and SW DXer of Yakima, WA! God Bless America!
    Last New FM Log: KWEN 95.5 Tulsa OK (7/23/18 Es)
    Last New AM Log: 1530 KGBT Harlingen, TX, 12/8/2018

Rest in peace with your dear wife, George.

RIP

Quote Originally Posted by crainbebo View Post
    He's reunited with Barbara, up in Heaven. May he RIP forever. What a class act he was, no matter what political affiliation you have, and condolences to George W., Laura and the rest of the Bush's.
    Yep he is I see that she died on April 17th at the age of 92, she would have turned 93 in June had she lived to her next birthday, and the only other long married couple that I can think of that died in the same year June Carter Cash and Johnny Cash. So some can say that he died of a broken heart. I see that they had 6 children, one died of leukemia at the age of 3. The oldest one is George W Bush that of course is the one that followed Bill Clinton as president. He and Barbara married in 1945, and George W Bush was born the following year.

Quote Originally Posted by frankberry View Post
    Rest in peace with your dear wife, George.

I bet he is

Quote Originally Posted by unclehonkey View Post
    RIP

I am sure he will be resting in peace

I still remember him on a train coming through a town I happened to be in at the time, during the '92 campaign. He didn't stop, but a bunch of people cheered. I was in a group farther back from the tracks, and he said hello to those who cheered, and "Hello to you guys over there", meaning those of us who weren't cheering.

I wonder what "SNL" will do? They usually have a classic episode in prime time on Saturday and tonight would be a good time for us to see Dana Carvey say, "Not gonna do it, wouldn't be prudent at this juncture."

Rest in peace, Mr. President; and thank you.
    No irony there.

I served in the US Army from 1982-1986. I worked near DC from 1987-1990 so I used to tour the area every weekend. The secret service stopped me a lot because I was there at the same time as GW and Barbara as they were taking their morning walk. After the 4th stop in November of 1987, I was introduced to GW and Barbara. I got called back to active duty for Desert Shield/Storm in November of 1989 and went to Iraq.
    Last edited by mohawk82; 12-01-2018 at 02:58 PM. Reason: additional information

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast