Do we really need 4 christmas stations? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do we really need 4 christmas stations?

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyNT View Post
    KEOM on 88.5 is Classic Hits. This is the first year for 89.7 to go all Christmas as far as I'm aware, 102.1 is newer as well. For the longest time we had 103.7 doing it with 94.9 and that seemed like a healthy mix. It made sense for KLUV to pick it up after KVIL flipped but 4 might not seem as excessive as it appears, they're all doing it differently from one another. 102.1 is going to be more currents based, KLUV more classics. KLTY is more than likely playing tracks KLUV and Star will not, and certainly KAWA is going to be the most removed from them all.

I have absolutely no idea if one of our Spanish-speaking broadcasters go all Christmas. I'd assume one of them do.
    KAWA went Christmas last year. But in my opinion Star and KAWA should leave the Christmas music to KLTY and KLUV.

Yes. The only way to defeat the forces of evil in the War on Christmas is for every station to play the Mariah Carey Christmas Album on repeat every day for two months.

/sarcasm
    The opinions expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers. Retweets are not endorsements.

Do we need 4 Christmas music stations? Apparently so. Sirius XM has a half dozen or so. It's essentially one month out of the year that this happens.
    It may be that 4 is too many, but they'll figure that out when the ratings come in and adjust next year.

Quote Originally Posted by tested View Post
    Do we need 4 Christmas music stations? Apparently so. Sirius XM has a half dozen or so. It's essentially one month out of the year that this happens.
    It may be that 4 is too many, but they'll figure that out when the ratings come in and adjust next year.
    I'm pretty sure last year DFW had the same 4 stations doing Christmas music.

Quote Originally Posted by 97chris View Post
    I'm fine with the Christmas music but i think 4 stations playing it is too many.
    Well listen to one, and don't listen to the other 3

I just listen to Star. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by 97chris View Post
    89.7...they play more christmas music that talks about the Lord or God...
    Pardon my sarcasm, but any station that calls itself "Way" anything plays Christmas music 24/7/366, and not only on leap years.
    Ai4i has Always Been on the Trailing Edge of Technology!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12