• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Will This Sports Parkinglot Bite The Dust?

What else can they do with it? Realistically?

On the sports board they suggested going to the only sports syndicator still available in town. I'd say that's their best shot.

Either than or donate it to a local community college.

What else can they do with it? Realistically?

On the sports board they suggested going to the only sports syndicator still available in town. I'd say that's their best shot.

Either than or donate it to a local community college.

Let's be honest: The purpose of NBC sports radio on The Deuce is to fill the hours when they're not running brokered programming.

Between what's left of the network and other networks, they can cobble stuff together. The local hours pay the bills.

KQFN is technically the SB Nation affiliate in Phoenix, even though the clear very little of their schedule. SB Nation still handles the CMS for their website.

Because of The Fanatic, KDUS can’t go back to its old name of “The Fan.” How about keep the brokered sports talk and surround them with any other dollar-a-holler broadcasts like their sister throwaway AM in Seattle, KKNW?

How about keep the brokered sports talk and surround them with any other dollar-a-holler broadcasts like their sister throwaway AM in Seattle, KKNW?

I bet there are a couple of indie syndicated sports fantasy shows available. Isn't there a sports collectable show on the market? Plus Hubbard owns a few sports stations in other markets where they could borrow a local host for some overnight VT.

hmmm...Casa Deuce apartments on that nice patch of dirt in Guadalupe might be a possibility.

Speaking of Sports Parking Lots, can anyone answer the question on why 98.7 turns off HD during AWAY games? The delay helps with syncing the broadcast with the digital delay of the TV. It's not like anyone can pick up 98.7 from Phoenix in Green Bay.

Diplex 1060 at the Lumberyard and have an epic pool party at Case Deuce. BYO doublewide.

Mother Hubbard would have to throw a bunch of jocks under the Holiday bus to pay for that move. The problem with 10~Sixty is its directional at night, so they might have to drop to say 10 watts non-direction. Then you'll have to cram 13~Ten into the termite infested xmttr building along the canal (they share a stick with 10~Sixty). Might be cheaper to have the architect of Casa Deuce erect a spire on top of the apartments and have all three stations radiate tenants with Ancient Modulation RF. Talk about a tan!!

Might be cheaper to have the architect of Casa Deuce erect a spire on top of the apartments and have all three stations radiate tenants with Ancient Modulation RF. Talk about a tan!!

Hey, every toaster becomes a radio. Imagine the ratings spike!

OK, we are nine days into the new year. For so what is 1060 KDUS doing now that NBC Sports programming is not available 24/7 in 2019?

I guess "sports parking lot" is a good term for AM 1060. Its website is still NBCsports1060.com and nobody has updated it. It still lists all the old NBC Sports shows that are no longer available. The network has only AM drive and PM drive shows from what I've read. Even an AM station that runs a lot of infomercials still has to do something when no one has bought time for brokered programming.

Phoenix has ESPN Sports on 620 KTAR, Fox Sports on 910 KGME and CBS Sports on 1580 KQFN. That leaves SB Nation Sports as the only other English-language 24/7 sports network.

OK, we are nine days into the new year. For so what is 1060 KDUS doing now that NBC Sports programming is not available 24/7 in 2019?

A few suggestions from Los Buckeye Boyz:

All Government Shutdown News, All the Time.

Deportes 10~Sesenta. Goooooooooool !!

All Christmas music January thru October

KPHX, because no one can hear their 90 watt signal

Guadalupe's first 24/7 flea market location

I guess "sports parking lot" is a good term for AM 1060. Its website is still NBCsports1060.com and nobody has updated it. It still lists all the old NBC Sports shows that are no longer available. The network has only AM drive and PM drive shows from what I've read. Even an AM station that runs a lot of infomercials still has to do something when no one has bought time for brokered programming.

Phoenix has ESPN Sports on 620 KTAR, Fox Sports on 910 KGME and CBS Sports on 1580 KQFN. That leaves SB Nation Sports as the only other English-language 24/7 sports network.

You didn’t hear, Arizona’s favorite car salesmen masquerading as sports talkers are back on 1060 (and nationwide on SB Nation Radio). The twice-a-week remotes from the Right Automotive Dealerships will continue.

Seriously, what did Roc do to piss off Ron Cohen in order for them to move back to their signal- and identity-challenged home of 1060 AM? They think they own drive-time sports talk, when they’re at best the third (maybe even fourth now) most listened to sports talk show in the Phoenix market—in their time slot. The advertisers who aren’t Right Toyota/Honda need to know the truth!

Seriously, what did Roc do to piss off Ron Cohen in order for them to move back to their signal- and identity-challenged home of 1060 AM? They think they own drive-time sports talk, when they’re at best the third (maybe even fourth now) most listened to sports talk show in the Phoenix market—in their time slot. The advertisers who aren’t Right Toyota/Honda need to know the truth!

I haven't listened to that show in years, so I gave them a couple of hours last week while in town. It's a decent listen, and while the station can't seem to decide upon its branding, they do have a fair amount of business on the air.

So many shows get into the weeds of sports betting that it's refreshing to not punch into the degenerate gamblers hour.

I haven't listened to that show in years, so I gave them a couple of hours last week while in town. It's a decent listen, and while the station can't seem to decide upon its branding, they do have a fair amount of business on the air.

So many shows get into the weeds of sports betting that it's refreshing to not punch into the degenerate gamblers hour.

The thing is that they’re going up against stronger local talent on 98.7 and 910. They’ve done a great job selling air time for a show very few listen to. When the other guys are talking sports, they’re trying to sell SUVs. They had it good when they were on 1580, where they could have gotten away from the stigma of being a brokered show, but now they’re back at 1060 The Sports hAMster, they’re surrounded with other brokered shows again.

From an SB Nation Radio/Gow Media release on July 3rd it looks like Calling All Sports with R & M are being replaced on the network after just six months. Not sure about 1060 but their shift on SB Nation Radio is going to Cody Stoots and Jake Asman in a new show to be called "The Main Event." Interested to know if 1060 will carry this new show or is this the end of the SB Nation's clearance in Phoenix???

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom