Will This Sports Parkinglot Bite The Dust?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will This Sports Parkinglot Bite The Dust?

Will This Sports Parkinglot Bite The Dust?

Whoa, Nellie...KDUS 10~Sixty will have to figure something out by 12/31 as NBC Sports Radio vanishes: https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...7-programming/ KDUS doesn't have a translator, but is also heard on KSLX HD~Too...at least for now.
    Dr. Akbar 'n Nurse Jeff
    The Middle Eastern Men of the Media
    Buckeye, AZ

Hey Alexa, call Doc & Nurse Jeff...we're really screwed up!

What else can they do with it? Realistically?

On the sports board they suggested going to the only sports syndicator still available in town. I'd say that's their best shot.

Either than or donate it to a local community college.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post
    What else can they do with it? Realistically?

On the sports board they suggested going to the only sports syndicator still available in town. I'd say that's their best shot.

Either than or donate it to a local community college.
    Let's be honest: The purpose of NBC sports radio on The Deuce is to fill the hours when they're not running brokered programming.

Between what's left of the network and other networks, they can cobble stuff together. The local hours pay the bills.
    The opinions expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers. Retweets are not endorsements.

Quote Originally Posted by johndavis View Post

Between what's left of the network and other networks, they can cobble stuff together. The local hours pay the bills.
    Exactly. They can run the hourlies and keep the branding, even though its meaningless.

KQFN is technically the SB Nation affiliate in Phoenix, even though the clear very little of their schedule. SB Nation still handles the CMS for their website.

Because of The Fanatic, KDUS can’t go back to its old name of “The Fan.” How about keep the brokered sports talk and surround them with any other dollar-a-holler broadcasts like their sister throwaway AM in Seattle, KKNW?

Quote Originally Posted by EricStein View Post
    How about keep the brokered sports talk and surround them with any other dollar-a-holler broadcasts like their sister throwaway AM in Seattle, KKNW?
    I bet there are a couple of indie syndicated sports fantasy shows available. Isn't there a sports collectable show on the market? Plus Hubbard owns a few sports stations in other markets where they could borrow a local host for some overnight VT.

hmmm...Casa Deuce apartments on that nice patch of dirt in Guadalupe might be a possibility.
    Dr. Akbar 'n Nurse Jeff
    Buckeye, AZ

Speaking of Sports Parking Lots, can anyone answer the question on why 98.7 turns off HD during AWAY games? The delay helps with syncing the broadcast with the digital delay of the TV. It's not like anyone can pick up 98.7 from Phoenix in Green Bay.
    The views expressed are not necessarily those of my employer.

Quote Originally Posted by DrAkbar View Post
    hmmm...Casa Deuce apartments on that nice patch of dirt in Guadalupe might be a possibility.
    Diplex 1060 at the Lumberyard and have an epic pool party at Case Deuce. BYO doublewide.
    The opinions expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers. Retweets are not endorsements.

Quote Originally Posted by johndavis View Post
    Diplex 1060 at the Lumberyard and have an epic pool party at Case Deuce. BYO doublewide.
    Mother Hubbard would have to throw a bunch of jocks under the Holiday bus to pay for that move. The problem with 10~Sixty is its directional at night, so they might have to drop to say 10 watts non-direction. Then you'll have to cram 13~Ten into the termite infested xmttr building along the canal (they share a stick with 10~Sixty). Might be cheaper to have the architect of Casa Deuce erect a spire on top of the apartments and have all three stations radiate tenants with Ancient Modulation RF. Talk about a tan!!
    Dr. Akbar 'n Nurse Jeff
    Buckeye, AZ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast