• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Boston Radio Ratings November 2018

I'd love to have access to detailed numbers for WODS

Granted it is Entercom's ship to sail, but when CBS blew out the staff in 2012 they had better 6+ "beauty queen" numbers than what they have posted in the last year.

Cripes WRKO, the home of angry white conservatives in the 55 to dead demo are ahead of them in the 6+ numbers.

They must be billing really well to the 18 to 34 females.

PS look at the Tampa #'s, WRBQ where Paula Street ended up ( it was still CBS when she landed there, now Beasley) , is very close to what WODS was or could have been ( their playlist moves with the aging demographic) and in the 6+ they are #5 with over a 5 share

Magic continues to reign in the AC arena. Mix is steady and consistent. Amp Radio rebounds slightly, but could do better.

For the 4th month in a row. No surprise. The fact that there's still an AM station in the Top 10 is the surprise.

Use to be that WBUR beat WBZ in the 25-54 demo...but WBZ always did well 6+/12+, because it included the 55+ and 65+ demo! ;-)

Looks like those people are aging off the planet.....

I'd love to have access to detailed numbers for WODS

Granted it is Entercom's ship to sail, but when CBS blew out the staff in 2012 they had better 6+ "beauty queen" numbers than what they have posted in the last year.

Cripes WRKO, the home of angry white conservatives in the 55 to dead demo are ahead of them in the 6+ numbers.

They must be billing really well to the 18 to 34 females.

PS look at the Tampa #'s, WRBQ where Paula Street ended up ( it was still CBS when she landed there, now Beasley) , is very close to what WODS was or could have been ( their playlist moves with the aging demographic) and in the 6+ they are #5 with over a 5 share

I think it was a mistake for them to shoot their WODS with amp radio. A WOGL WCBS KRTH classic hits or even adult hits would do much better for them. Upbeat and 80s focused hits would get some nice 25-54 numbers in Boston.

I think it was a mistake for them to shoot their WODS with amp radio. A WOGL WCBS KRTH classic hits or even adult hits would do much better for them. Upbeat and 80s focused hits would get some nice 25-54 numbers in Boston.

Boston has always been a rockier market than Philly or NY. That's why WROR mixes rock with their hits.

Plus if you go too far with 80s it will cannibalize Mix.

With WODS at the time it flipped, as I recall, the issue was not ratings it was revenue and selling the station. CBS thought it would be easier to sell with the AMP format. It may be bringing in more money with lower ratings than it did before - who knows. I was a frequent WODS listener as well and was sorry to see it go.

I honestly don’t know. They’ve actually been down in the ratings over the last couple months, so I doubt it. They have made more appearances in the Boston area lately, so maybe?

WXLO's boosters are not listed in Radio-Locator, but the five boosters and one translator for WXRV "The River" are, and those are definitely on the air. I've heard them.

The music of the old WODS format as of just before the flip to AMP, '60s, '70s and '80s hits along with "Oldies 103.3" jingles, still plays on its HD2 channel, but without the great DJ's it had before.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom