The Sound is #4....
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Sound is #4....

The Sound is #4....

A year after the switch, Entercom must've known what they were doing.....

https://ratings.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/arb039

Woot woot!! KRWM got a little bit of a push back to 9th tied with KIRO-710, but I'm always impressed by what 'relaxing favorites at work' can do to the PPM ratings. Way to go Entercom! But of course, 106.9 will get its landslide #1 win in the Holiday book, blah blah blah.
    KTTH sure has good ratings now for a Conservative Talk station. Must be Rush Limbaugh and Todd Herman. They're above KOMO-1000 in the ratings.
    KBKS 'is dead'...in the ratings. 2.3! LO-freaking-L! We'll see what happens when they find "Seattle's funniest person".
    780 AM's in the log, 656 FMs (250 from Western WA), That's a DXer!
    FM, AM and SW DXer of Yakima, WA! God Bless America!
    Last New FM Log: KWEN 95.5 Tulsa OK (7/23/18 Es)
    Last New AM Log: 1530 KGBT Harlingen, TX, 12/8/2018

Quote Originally Posted by crainbebo View Post
    KBKS 'is dead'...in the ratings. 2.3! LO-freaking-L! We'll see what happens when they find "Seattle's funniest person".
    They knew this was coming. They'll need more than funny to beat B&J.

And how about the drop again for The Bull? How's that new morning show doing to take on The Wolf? Format change countdown clock starts 1/1/19

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Piotrowski View Post
    And how about the drop again for The Bull? How's that new morning show doing to take on The Wolf? Format change countdown clock starts 1/1/19
    What drop? Take a look again at the 6+:

2.8 (18) to 3.1 (16)
    Cume: +6,600 to 449,700

This switch has been a huge success for Hubbard. What format would you propose?

KSWD is just going up like a rocket. This is scary. Because the other day, I suffered a horrific Celine Dion attack by the drivers of the two cars on either side of mine inching out of a slowdown on northbound I-5 (around 45th), both loudly playing KSWD that left me violently yawning. It's with this traumatic experience that I'm starting to have real concerns about a Soft AC war. Seattle is well known for going overboard on Soft AC (there have been as many as three stations in fluffy combat.) And the ACA doesn't cover Celine Dion problems. What are the odds of a 'Breeze' station showing up somewhere here next year?

With the election of a Blue House and not so feathery soft battle coming in the other Washington next year, KTTH's bump doesn't surprise me (they always get a bump of some kind after a Democrat victory.) I think KTTH could be in for a better than average year once the House Intel committees get going. No matter where one's political leanings are, I think all news/talk outlets will likely see a spike of some kind if everything goes as berserk as expected.

KCIS...."Christian CHR"? Now that I think of it, I suppose James Dobson could be considered the Elvis Duran of that format.

Meanwhile, up north and beyond the ratings, KBRC has gone Classic Rock/Sports as "102.9 The Brick" Withe the bulk of programming still mostly from the bird, the only local programs are the morning show with Glen Harris (former KLKI/KWLE) and some high school games (and yes, the mandatory Seahawks/Mariners games.) It was kind of a shock punching in 1430 kHz and getting an earful of Judas Priest.
    My body is a temple; Ancient and crumbling. Probably cursed and haunted...

Interesting. They had been oldies forever. Low ratings due to AM signal? KAPS is still doing fine with their 102.1, at least it's not the telephone-quality signal that was used by KBRC some 10 years ago.
    I suppose quite a bit of the KTTH audience comes from Pierce County. There are more Republicans living down there, than King or Snohomish. Hillary got LESS than 50% of the vote in Pierce in 2016. Another thing I find interesting - KTTH has a 3 in the ratings but KVI only has a 1, even with John Carlson and Kirby Wilbur.
    780 AM's in the log, 656 FMs (250 from Western WA), That's a DXer!
    FM, AM and SW DXer of Yakima, WA! God Bless America!
    Last New FM Log: KWEN 95.5 Tulsa OK (7/23/18 Es)
    Last New AM Log: 1530 KGBT Harlingen, TX, 12/8/2018

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Piotrowski View Post
    At first, I thought this was a Portland post, since we have a Bull and a Wolf and The Bull has had trouble recently, at least in 6+. Anyway, it made me think that long ago, when companies only owned at best, one AM and one FM, KWJJ had a terrible book, posting 2.8 on FM and 1.8 for the AM! I thought the FM was going to change then, but they held on and eventually regained the lead. I had envisioned that they would switch to B/EZ because WPAT was doing so well with the format. I told you it was a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by semoochie View Post
    At first, I thought this was a Portland post,
    Portland ratings are out today

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post
    What drop? Take a look again at the 6+:

2.8 (18) to 3.1 (16)
    Cume: +6,600 to 449,700

This switch has been a huge success for Hubbard. What format would you propose?
    Yeah, considering what a dumpster fire 98.9 has been for many years, this is solid.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast