WFUV Resumes Broadcasting in HD

Thread: WFUV Resumes Broadcasting in HD

WFUV Resumes Broadcasting in HD

After a two year hiatus, WFUV resumed broadcasting in HD. As of today HD1, HD2 and HD3 are the same. A few years ago HD2 was different on weekends while HD3 carried alternative rock programming. I don't know what plans the station has for the HD2 and HD3 streams.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceNYC View Post
    After a two year hiatus, WFUV resumed broadcasting in HD. As of today HD1, HD2 and HD3 are the same. A few years ago HD2 was different on weekends while HD3 carried alternative rock programming. I don't know what plans the station has for the HD2 and HD3 streams.
    Good to see they found the money to get that fixed. Their HD transmitter had a catastrophic failure a couple of years back and they did not have the money budgeted to deal with it.

The HD3 'Alternate Side' was awesome but I don't think transmitter problems were the reason they dropped it in 2015. If they weren't able to make that work then I can't imagine what else they could use HD3 for that would do any better.

I hope they fix their streaming output also. They stream too soft in volume. Everytime I must turn up the volume knob to hear something. Other streaming stations are louder than FUV.

Here is a response that I received from the station - "We found funding to bring it back. It's here to stay but I don't know the future for HD2 and HD3 channels. For now, it will be a simulcast on HD2 except weekends where there will be a unique music mix on the weekends."