• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Latest Chicago Radio Ratings

WEBG 95.5 has posted one of its lowest ratings so I would not be surprised to see a flip soon possibly to Soft AC "The Breeze". Chicago never did well with two country stations.

WEBG 95.5 has posted one of its lowest ratings so I would not be surprised to see a flip soon possibly to Soft AC "The Breeze". Chicago never did well with two country stations.

It's possible it could flip to that, or something else, but I can't say for sure what will happen

It took a whole lot of scrolling down the list to find WLS-AM. No wonder they will be using syndication in PM drive starting in January.

WRME stays at #10 despite a decent jump for WGN.

WLIT will likely see a good jump this month with Christmas music.

Why would iheart squeeze their own WLIT? If they want to rebrand 95.5 and go after the older subset of 25-54 wouldn't they be much better off doing an adult/classic hits format instead of stepping on a sister station's feet?

95.5 FM is tied for the 24th spot and has a 1.4 rating which is down from 1.5 from last month. A flip can't hurt and a Soft AC would be interesting considering MeTvFm is in the top 10 with a horrible dial position. Chicago could use a Breeze format and I bet it would be in the top ten quickly.

95.5 FM is tied for the 24th spot and has a 1.4 rating which is down from 1.5 from last month. A flip can't hurt and a Soft AC would be interesting considering MeTvFm is in the top 10 with a horrible dial position. Chicago could use a Breeze format and I bet it would be in the top ten quickly.

MeFM is lower than 95.5 in the sales demos.

While WEBG looks bad in all demos, that does not mean that a soft / old AC is going to do any better unless it is targeted much younger.

Why would iheart squeeze their own WLIT? If they want to rebrand 95.5 and go after the older subset of 25-54 wouldn't they be much better off doing an adult/classic hits format instead of stepping on a sister station's feet?

Chicago had two classic hits stations up till earlier this year. Neither did well, as the limited 25-54 audience was split too thin.

Chicago had two classic hits stations up till earlier this year. Neither did well, as the limited 25-54 audience was split too thin.

In the meantime, iHeart's country station gives them a clear for Bobby Bones in market #3, and perhaps shaves a point off US99.

TWO? and meanwhile, WLS 94.7 is MORE than holding its own - as a matter of fact, iirc, their morning show is top 5, midday show is top 5, and afternoon show is top 5 (feel free to correct me at any point :D )

In the meantime, iHeart's country station gives them a clear for Bobby Bones in market #3, and perhaps shaves a point off US99.

depends upon whether Bobby Bones can take time off from his busy schedule ("Dancing With The Stars" tour, etc.) to still do radio....

Can WLIT and a Breeze station co-exist in Chicago? Not if WLIT is AC. But hasn't it moved more to Hot AC lately? If WLIT is concentrating on 30 to 45 women while a Breeze station concentrates on women in their 40s and early 50s, there'd be room for both stations.

I know a lot of large northern cities now have two country stations where there was once only one, Boston, Minneapolis, Seattle, Detroit, Portland. But Chicago doesn't seem to be showing much interest in 95.5.

Can WLIT and a Breeze station co-exist in Chicago? Not if WLIT is AC. But hasn't it moved more to Hot AC lately? If WLIT is concentrating on 30 to 45 women while a Breeze station concentrates on women in their 40s and early 50s, there'd be room for both stations.

Good point - but would it make sense given the fact that, let's say, BOTH 'LIT AND Breeze are playing somewhat of the SAME, EXACT playlist? The demographics that you're using tell me that right now it's too close to call (I'm 59... :D )

His answer is: If Seacrest can do it, I can do it. Just think of him as a country Seacrest.

Good point.....as long as Bones doesn't get a daytime talk show the way Seacrest has.... :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom