• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Hubbard Radio Cuts Overnight Hosts

Robert Feder wrote today that two Chicago Hubbard radio stations will no longer have live overnight personalities; Both WTMX and WSHE will go automated overnights. This is being done as a cost saving effort.

Robert Feder wrote today that two Chicago Hubbard radio stations will no longer have live overnight personalities; Both WTMX and WSHE will go automated overnights. This is being done as a cost saving effort.

If anybody wants to read his report you can do so at https://www.robertfeder.com/2018/11/28/hubbard-radio-cuts-overnight-hosts-year-end-layoffs/ , Greg Easterling will do the automation for both stations while still doing the overnight show for The Drive. So really I am not sure how they will be saving money when pretty much he has to do 3 stations at the same time, which I don't know how much he will be heard on the two other stations. But gone are Mike Roberts of 101.9 The Mix, and Brian Travis of 100.3 WSHE. And that is written by Robert Feder.

I am not sure how they will be saving money when pretty much he has to do 3 stations at the same time

One salary + benefits vs. three.

If you travel around from station to station in Chicago, there aren't a lot of live overnight hosts. This isn't very unusual.

One salary + benefits vs. three.

If you travel around from station to station in Chicago, there aren't a lot of live overnight hosts. This isn't very unusual.

Music wise and maybe a lot of talk stations, but for sure if you listen to WGN Radio they do have live overnight hosts which weekdays it can be whomever that is hosting WGN Nightside or Patti Vasquez and Andrea Darlas show followed by Nick Digilo, and weekends two different overnight hosts. But just because other stations don't have a local overnight host, is that a good reason for Hubbard Radio to do the same thing? Plus I don't know how the plan is to be on 3 stations all at the same time, or record parts for the 2 other stations of where here one he says The Mix and the other WSHE where he says the call letters on the station is voice is currently being heard on.

So really I am not sure how they will be saving money when pretty much he has to do 3 stations at the same time, which I don't know how much he will be heard on the two other stations.

You won't hear him at all on the other 2 stations. He will just be tending the automation, which requires very little 'tending' to.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom