• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Fybush: RKO hosts shift (Kuhner AM drive, VB midday)

I sure hope that the powers that be over at i Heart don't mess with the rest of the morning show. Andy Carbone is the best traffic reporter in the Boston area. Gives the most detailed reports around, he really should be on AM drive on BZ instead of Chris Culkeen.

Last edited:
Scorecard of Kuhner Nation affiliates:
2015: 1
2016: 1
2017: 1
2018: 1
2019: 1

LMAO, but but but....he's going national now baaaaaaaaaaaybeeeeee for sure......when he first switched to middays he told his audience that IF his ratings were up by December he'd be going national baaaaybeeee...that was over four years ago........."the ratings are through the roof", lmao, "the lines are loaded"....now he's back to mornings, which means instead of three hours (midday) of pure BS and drama queen antics, he'll have another whole hour to carry on. SMH. VB in midday? Good luck with that. Why hasn't RKO picked up "Sandy" Shack? She runs circles around these two.

Having Kim go back to her beach in Swampscott is no great loss IMHO.

IHrt is (hopefully) going to keep the news product on WBZ AM, VB will be a good lead in for Howie Carr, and an alternative to Limbaugh.

IHrt also drops a lot of payroll in the process.

Have I mentioned how much I enjoy having SXM in my car.....

IHrt also drops a lot of payroll in the process.

How do you figure (other than Kim's salary, it doesn't sound like there is much change)

.now he's back to mornings, which means instead of three hours (midday) of pure BS and drama queen antics, he'll have another whole hour to carry on. [...] Why hasn't RKO picked up "Sandy" Shack? She runs circles around these two.

You assume Sandy wants an on-air job.

Kuhner in the AM drive might be better. Different audience. I always thought Kuhner was better when he was on in the morning. Once he got in the noon slot he devolved into low-brow antics rather than analysis.

With this iHR continues with local and syndie talk on 680, news and local talk on 1030, and syndie (Fox Sports, Glenn, Rush, Sean) on 1200.Ratings on 1200 not much better than the Air America days but they get to clear the shows and their ads.

Keeping middays local is local ad dollars.Goudie uses a stage name...just as Rush was Jeff Christie in his Pittsburgh top 40 days.

RKO's ratings and earnings aren't stellar but they can make a few bucks with local content.Otherwise there would be a local morning show and syndie otherwise. (Howie is syndie too tho originates from Boston.)

Can VB carry a three-hour show on his own? I guess he has been carrying Kim and Jim for years, so maybe...

My guess is iHeart will take a page from WEEI and have a stable of three or four rotating co-hosts for a while -- either as their final format or as a way of auditioning for a permanent VB sidekick. Kuhner will definitely liven up morning drive as Kim, VB and Jim have been stale for quite a while. Change is long overdue.

Agree 100% with bobbailey1978 that Jeff should keep Andy Carbone on the air in morning drive. Best traffic guy around and I count on him every day.

Maybe he can go on TRT and grow a set.

Crazy Kuhner's announcement was filled with all the high drama and delusion only he can deliver. He is making the sacrifice to his health and family to return to the morning shift because it is only place that will allow him to save the Commonwealth and the Country. He went on to talk about the much larger and desirable audience he will reach in the morning. A few years ago, when I told him I considered his move to midays a demotion he said he considered it a promotion not because of all the stations that would carry his syndicated show but because he was only going to have to work 3 hours a day rather than 4.

In other news from Crazy Kuhner Country, two weeks ago he announced that if he receives the ok from Doctor Grace he will be running for the US Senate against Elizabeth Warren in 2024. And he also wrote his own name in for Governor and against all the Democrats on his ballot who did not have Republican opposition.

On primary night I heard him talking to Rev Scott Lively, who ran for gov as an independent in '14 and got 1 per cent of the vote.This year he ran in a primary vs Gov Baker and lost, though did a bit better (Baker won 64% to 36%) .Kuhner seemed to have been a big Lively supporter, and opposed Baker.

Lively's book The Pink Swastika claimed homosexuality was rampant in the Nazi Party.

Markey's up for re election in '20..why not run then?

On primary night I heard him talking to Rev Scott Lively, who ran for gov as an independent in '14 and got 1 per cent of the vote.This year he ran in a primary vs Gov Baker and lost, though did a bit better (Baker won 64% to 36%) .Kuhner seemed to have been a big Lively supporter, and opposed Baker.

Lively's book The Pink Swastika claimed homosexuality was rampant in the Nazi Party.

Markey's up for re election in '20..why not run then?

Don't get me going on Lively.....

Kuhner would never run against Markey because he'd have to give up his radio gig and he would get his ass handed to him.

And the chances of Kuhner even being in MA in 5 years when he would have to quit his job to run against Warren, assuming she isn't President in 2021 are pretty slim.

BTW has anyone seen Jay Severin lately?

Kuhner is going to hold onto this radio gig as long as he can because frankly, he could never get another radio job in a top 100 market, I am not sure how he got and retains this one.

Indeed..if the Kuhner man, he of the one station radio network, really thought he had a chance of winning, he would run at some time....but perhaps he does indeed just keep it (political run) as a promise to keep his image up. I did a search and it looks like Jay hasn't done much if anything since the Blaze let him go around Sep of 16.His tweets also ended around then.In his late 60s, he may well be enjoying retirement in Ipswich.

Crazy Kuhner's announcement was filled with all the high drama and delusion only he can deliver.

I commented on the very same thing. The only thing more pathetic was listening to the lapdog callers sucking it up like he was giving a kidney to a dying child. The same callers who, several years ago, where railing about how his move to noon was the best thing since sliced bread and K000nah is the new Rush.... "I can't wait till you go national" (a promo which mysteriously disappeared off the airwaves a couple years ago).

BTW has anyone seen Jay Severin lately?

Good question. Enjoying retirement with his wife on the north shore?

if the Kuhner man, he of the one station radio network, really thought he had a chance of winning, he would run at some time....but perhaps he does indeed just keep it (political run) as a promise to keep his image up. I did a search and it looks like Jay hasn't done much if anything since the Blaze let him go around Sep of 16.His tweets also ended around then.In his late 60s, he may well be enjoying retirement in Ipswich.

People in the public eye often get big heads from having smoke blown up their asses by others telling them how wonderful they are, etc. Is K0000nah starting to believe his own nonsense?

I didn't realize Severin was that old. Then again, I tend to forget how old I am, and how quickly time has passed these last decades. Doesn't seem all that long ago I was listening to him on TKK, although its been 15 years now.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom