Will a Breeze blow into DFW?
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Will a Breeze blow into DFW?

  1. #1

    Will a Breeze blow into DFW?

    With the Soft AC format gaining traction as the "Format of the moment" in several markets, what are the chances of it landing here in the DFW? If so, where?
    R.I.P. 100.3 Jamz/Dallas and 106 Jamz/Chicago.... Only the good die young.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Dallas-Fort Worth
    Posts
    191
    STAR 102.1 already fills that need for the most part.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Solano County, California
    Posts
    8,140
    When did Iheart specifically say that Breeze is going to Dallas?

    I know Currently iheart has local editions of San Francisco (Flagship of Iheart edition of "The breeze"), Sacramento and Philadelphia plus a national feed.

    https://www.iheart.com/live/981-the-breeze-285/ (Iheart's Flagship for the Breeze)

    https://www.iheart.com/live/925-the-breeze-4366/ Sacramento

    https://www.iheart.com/live/1061-the-breeze-2001/ Philadelphia

    https://www.iheart.com/live/the-breeze-8143/ Ihearts National Feed for the Breeze.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by RadioPatrol View Post
    When did Iheart specifically say that Breeze is going to Dallas?

    I know Currently iheart has local editions of San Francisco (Flagship of Iheart edition of "The breeze"), Sacramento and Philadelphia plus a national feed.

    https://www.iheart.com/live/981-the-breeze-285/ (Iheart's Flagship for the Breeze)

    https://www.iheart.com/live/925-the-breeze-4366/ Sacramento

    https://www.iheart.com/live/1061-the-breeze-2001/ Philadelphia

    https://www.iheart.com/live/the-breeze-8143/ Ihearts National Feed for the Breeze.
    Not saying one is coming to the DFW. Just saying that this market usually jump on a trending format, and by the way, Entercom took the name and format in Detroit.

    From Radio Insight: https://radioinsight.com/ross/172026...s-booming-now/
    R.I.P. 100.3 Jamz/Dallas and 106 Jamz/Chicago.... Only the good die young.

  5. #5
    Well, The Breeze did blow in after all... on 97.1 KEGL's HD3 signal... Had no ideal there was a HD3 signal for KEGL...
    R.I.P. 100.3 Jamz/Dallas and 106 Jamz/Chicago.... Only the good die young.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    DFW area
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by bucwhyl View Post
    Well, The Breeze did blow in after all... on 97.1 KEGL's HD3 signal... Had no ideal there was a HD3 signal for KEGL...
    They didn't. That's new. Looks like a pre-emptive move to keep somebody else from launching a "Breeze." iHeart may had similar thinking when they resurrected the Edge and Mix on HD2 channels in DFW.

  7. #7
    I just wish the sound was better. Sounds like a tin can.
    R.I.P. 100.3 Jamz/Dallas and 106 Jamz/Chicago.... Only the good die young.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Dallas-Fort Worth
    Posts
    191
    Finally got a chance to listen tonight. One thing I note: I can get stereo on all three KEGL subchannls. Usually HD3 signals are mono. (at least on my radio)
    However, the HD2 feed of Slippery When Wet seems to have a weak sound on the right channel. Perhaps that was the tradeoff they made?

    It is difficult to get the HD3 signal to decode at times too.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by tested View Post
    Finally got a chance to listen tonight. One thing I note: I can get stereo on all three KEGL subchannls. Usually HD3 signals are mono. (at least on my radio)
    However, the HD2 feed of Slippery When Wet seems to have a weak sound on the right channel. Perhaps that was the tradeoff they made?

    It is difficult to get the HD3 signal to decode at times too.
    I noticed that the sound did improve from the initial first day.
    R.I.P. 100.3 Jamz/Dallas and 106 Jamz/Chicago.... Only the good die young.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  




     
Our Conferences
Useful Contacts
Community


Contact Us