KLSY changes col - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KLSY changes col

Yeah, heck, I have heard of those things being licensed to old ghost-town logging camps, and even scarier, White Center.

Will be interesting if they do file for a new TX location down the road. They need a big pry bar to fit it in at Gold Mtn. Will be interesting to see it play out.

The only other option I can think is possibly REALLY low power on Cougar. Which might give Everett another FM opening.
    My body is a temple; Ancient and crumbling. Probably cursed and haunted...

Cougar is impossible. Too many homes up there means no 'zero population' waivers. Puts it inside two Seattle protected contours and way short spaced to several existing stations.

Could squeeze in along the western fringes of the metro. Maybe the KTVW site. Since this a commercial channel, contours AND minimum spacing come into play even though the station for now is noncom.

If KLSY does move a bit closer, I wonder what this will mean for KNTB and their FM translator, and KBRO with their soon-to-be FM translator since they are all carrying the same programming?
    DX'er, and former master control operator at KBTC-TV and KCPQ-TV.

Quote Originally Posted by swhyde1980 View Post
    If KLSY does move a bit closer, I wonder what this will mean for KNTB and their FM translator, and KBRO with their soon-to-be FM translator since they are all carrying the same programming?
    This subject came up in July of '17, when KKDZ was selling to the owners of KZIZ:

As Kelly pointed out:

"From 7 FCC 92-361:

For stations in the same service whose principal community contours overlap such that the overlap area constitutes more than 50 percent
    of either station's principal community contour area. simulcasting may not exceed 25 percent of either station's daily broadcast time.

These rules apply both to stations commonly owned and to those separately owned but time brokered."

------------------------------

Whatever KLSY's plans might be, I don't see how this rule would be violated, since it's not "same service"

BTW... while their stations do commonly carry some percentage of the same programming (I haven't listened enough to know what that is lately), the studio that feeds those AM stations, including their Idaho operation, is separate from KLSY's. They also have studios in Yakima, Sunnyside, Pasco and Othello, all independent and capable of feeding separate programming to any combination of their stations, AM and/or FM. It wouldn't be difficult for them to vary their programming, if an overlap issue was to occur.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12