The Breeze Has Arrived in Boston - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: The Breeze Has Arrived in Boston

  1. #11
    Interesting about iHR eliminating the HD3s to save money. Indeed the need to put WRKO on an HD2 meant iHR ditched the Radio Mojo blues station CBS had had there.
    iHR FMs in town

    94.5--HD2 now the Breeze
    97.7--anyone know the HD2? I can pick up main signal but what's on HD2?
    100.7--HD2 is WRKO
    101.7--HD2 is Evolution
    107.9--HD2 is WBZ Newsradio 1030
    And no HD3s.

    Entercom
    93.7 HD2 WAAF, no HD3?
    103.3 HD2 oldies, HD3 The Cove
    104.1 HD2 WAAF, HD 3 Tomorrow's Hits Today
    106.7 HD2 reg. WMJX format for now
    107.3 Maybe WEEI on an HD2. Probably unchanged.
    Btw since 107.3 is in the Worcester area, etc., who gets to do the games of the forthcoming "Woo Sox" (name to be picked) AAA team now in Pawtucket? Not to start for a couple years.

    The HDRadio website is outdated; info from my own bandscanning and Wikipedia
    HD site says WBOS HD2 is Local 92.9 (it's Bloomburg)
    HD site says WJMN HD2 is Bloomburg (wrong)
    HD site says WBZ-FM HD2 is WBCN and HD3 is WBZ radio (HD2 may be podcasts and CBS sports radio)
    Acc to HD site, 100.7 HD2 is Radio Mojo
    oh well
    Last edited by raccoonradio; 11-18-2018 at 10:13 AM.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by raccoonradio View Post
    Interesting about iHR eliminating the HD3s to save money. Indeed the need to put WRKO on an HD2 meant iHR ditched the Radio Mojo blues station CBS had had there.
    iHR FMs in town

    94.5--HD2 now the Breeze
    97.7--anyone know the HD2? I can pick up main signal but what's on HD2?
    100.7--HD2 is WRKO
    101.7--HD2 is Evolution
    107.9--HD2 is WBZ Newsradio 1030
    And no HD3s.

    Entercom
    93.7 HD2 WAAF, no HD3?
    103.3 HD2 oldies, HD3 The Cove
    104.1 HD2 WAAF, HD 3 Tomorrow's Hits Today
    106.7 HD2 reg. WMJX format for now
    107.3 Maybe WEEI on an HD2. Probably unchanged.
    Btw since 107.3 is in the Worcester area, etc., who gets to do the games of the forthcoming "Woo Sox" (name to be picked) AAA team now in Pawtucket? Not to start for a couple years.

    The HDRadio website is outdated; info from my own bandscanning and Wikipedia
    HD site says WBOS HD2 is Local 92.9 (it's Bloomburg)
    HD site says WJMN HD2 is Bloomburg (wrong)
    HD site says WBZ-FM HD2 is WBCN and HD3 is WBZ radio (HD2 may be podcasts and CBS sports radio)
    Acc to HD site, 100.7 HD2 is Radio Mojo
    oh well
    It's only my guess that iHeart has eliminated HD3s to save money, not confirmed.

    97.7 has not had an HD2 since iHeart took it over. I supposed they could put a 1200 simulcast on there, but with 97.7's limited Class A signal, it wouldn't have a very large coverage area.

  3. #13

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by jlehmann View Post

    It's only my guess that iHeart has eliminated HD3s to save money, not confirmed.
    I can't imagine it saves much money. (Save bandwidth? Yes! lol!)

    iHearts KOST in LA just ADDED an HD-3!

  5. #15
    I thought I heard somewhere that stations have to pay additional licensing fees to ibiquity when they add additional streams.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by jlehmann View Post
    I thought I heard somewhere that stations have to pay additional licensing fees to ibiquity when they add additional streams.
    Per this from 2013, they had just reduced the licensing fee for an added HD stream to 3% of the profit, minimum $1000, yearly.

    https://www.radioworld.com/news-and-...s-license-fees

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  




     
Our Conferences
Useful Contacts
Community


Contact Us