• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KLAY Sold to Sacred Heart Radio

Interesting terms, tho - if SHR gets unsolvable interference complaints after building the 107.3 translator they will get a $100,000 refund.

Unless Sacred Heart build it with junk Canadian gear from the 70's, I doubt they will have any interference issues. The folks in Idaho just place that in all their acquisition contracts to hedge their bets.

I doubt Clay and his family are sad. Selling an AM in, of all places, Lakewood WA for almost a half million dollars?? Given the value of stations and state of the AM band these days, that's a HUGE win. Clay is crying all the way to the bank.

I doubt Clay himself is crying all the way to the bank, as he has been dead for some time now. Unless he is interred in Lakewood (or Ponders), he is likely in a much better place now. (Snark.)

That being said, I would guess SHR was willing to pay a bit more as this fills a gap in their network. They will have decent AM coverage over most of the Central and South Sound markets, and FM in the most populated chunks. Wonder if they are looking at Mr. Dalke's 1460 and 98.5 xlator on the Eastside- that would fill the last big hole in FM coverage.

I doubt Clay himself is crying all the way to the bank, as he has been dead for some time now. Unless he is interred in Lakewood (or Ponders), he is likely in a much better place now. (Snark.)

Dead or alive the point remains, Clay's family or whoever owns the station did very well. That station has been a pike of crap for years. It's great that someone had the forethought to apply for a translator during the window, because that translator CP probably made the difference between a $48,000 payday and a $480,000 one.

Last time I bothered to check, KBCS airs a hour (why?) of Thom Hartmann.

That being said, this is Western Washington we’re talking about here. He’ll end up on at least another AM or in glorious FM stereo via a couple of LPFMs. We have a glut of both looking for compelling programming.

Last time I bothered to check, KBCS airs a hour (why?) of Thom Hartmann.

That being said, this is Western Washington we’re talking about here. He’ll end up on at least another AM or in glorious FM stereo via a couple of LPFMs. We have a glut of both looking for compelling programming.

Word- you are correct. He is still available in Western WA in Shelton (KMAS), Oly (KAOS) and Everett/ Whidbey Island (KSER/KXIR)

I'm surprised they didn't sell it to Clay's friend Tom Read to be a Puget Sound outlet of his Eastern, WA religious network.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom