• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Christmas has arrived on Seattle Radio

I think it was the late Larry Nelson who started playing Stop the Calvary on Seattle Radio. One of my local favorites is The Twelve Pains of Christmas (Bob Rivers).

Wasn't that song the single flip side of Kokomo?? :rolleyes:

Merry Christmas to everyone on the boards!
One more addition to the holiday log: KIRO-97.3 has preempted talk programming and they are airing 'An American Christmas' with Chip Davis of Mannheim Steamroller. This is the show that's aired on quite a few 50KW AMs including KKOH and KBOI. A mix of Christmas music and stories relating to the holiday - like the organ-destroying mice that influenced the writing of 'Silent Night,' and urban myths about the Poinsettia.
Last night KOMO-1000 was simulcasting KPLZ. A few holiday tunes being sprinkled on Hot 103.7 today as well.

KOMO has been doing the KPLZ simulcast since KPLZ started doing Christmas a few years ago. I too found An American Christmas last night, not sure how long it is. One thing I noticed was that the simulcast was longer than usual. Usually when I get up Christmas morning, KOMO is back to its own programming, but they were still in simulcast mode this morning. KXXO seemed to go late this year, but was playing some pretty unusual songs earlier.

KIRO-FM aired Mannheim Steamroller from 6am-6pm on Xmas Eve, and I think today too. The length of the show is 12 hours, with a variety of stories and Christmas music, hosted by Chip Davis. I really like that show. I also love that many 50KW AMs air it. I'd rather hear music over the KKOH airwaves (and it sounded good last night!) than Mark Levin, just my opinion.

KRKO is still throwing in Christmas songs every once in a while. I heard Little Drummer Boy-Bob Seger and Little Saint Nick-The Beach Boys this afternoon.

KRKO is still throwing in Christmas songs every once in a while. I heard Little Drummer Boy-Bob Seger and Little Saint Nick-The Beach Boys this afternoon.

For what it's worth, Portland's K103 is still All Christmas!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom