Christmas has arrived on Seattle Radio - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Christmas has arrived on Seattle Radio

Quote Originally Posted by xmtrland View Post
    I predict Star 101.5 will re brand itself as Santa FM and simulcast the Switch on KOMO TV news at 5pm today.
    Some side effects of this format change can include but are not limited to, Loss of Appetite, Diarrhea, Nausea and Vomiting.
    It came to me in a dream while snoozing in front of the TV.
    5pm on KOMO-TV and as xmtrland was snoozing in front of the TV.....

"......And now, Boris Ephstyn the spokesman for Sinclair Broadcasting with an important message for Star 101.5 listeners;

Thank you, Kent.....All right....Now listen up, you snowflakes. The deep state has gone too far. Just look at you all, with your pajama-boy music like lovelytheband and Ariana Grande. You think you've got it made, don't you? Well suck it up. Because that's all coming to an end. By executive order of President Donald J. Trump, K.....What's this thing called again, Kent?....SARS?....Oh...Star. Star 105.1, will now present A Very Sinclair Christmas. Hours and hours of alternative Christmas classics. And if you little swishes think you're gonna hear Bowie and Crosby, Pentatonix and Cocteau Twins-THINK AGAIN! We got "Donald J. Trump Is Coming To Town", "All I Want For My Business Is A Big Tax Cut", "Have Yourself A MAGA Little Christmas", "I Came Upon A QAnon Breadcrumb Here" and "Pepe The Frog's White Christmas". Lots of that creepy Russian orchestral rock music. The kind that matches President Donald J. Trump's White House decorations....And if you sissies snitch us off to the FCC and prevent us from.....Wait....Kent, just handed me something.....It's a ruling from some deep state liberal activist judge striking down this executive order with a note 'Play normal Christmas music. P.S. We're not impressed. That's goes for the TV channels too.'..................................Back to you, Kent.."
    Last edited by Bongwater; 12-03-2018 at 04:40 PM.
    My body is a temple; Ancient and crumbling. Probably cursed and haunted...

I see 94.1 is doing Xmas on weekends only, from 7PM Friday to early Monday morning. Probably to entice the weekend mall shoppers. At least they are still spinning Relaxing Favorites at WORK.
    Your joke about Boris made me lol.
    100.9 KARY, here in Yakima, has more of a traditional lean on their Xmas format. And a country lean, too, but that's obvious with the rural population. However, I've already had to change the channel once, thanks to that silly 'Text Me Merry Christmas' nonsense by Straight No Chaser. Just don't listen to it. Silly, stupid and pointless.
    780 AM's in the log, 656 FMs (250 from Western WA), That's a DXer!
    FM, AM and SW DXer of Yakima, WA! God Bless America!
    Last New FM Log: KWEN 95.5 Tulsa OK (7/23/18 Es)
    Last New AM Log: 1530 KGBT Harlingen, TX, 12/8/2018

Quote Originally Posted by crainbebo View Post
    However, I've already had to change the channel once, thanks to that silly 'Text Me Merry Christmas' nonsense by Straight No Chaser. Just don't listen to it. Silly, stupid and pointless.
    I do the same thing when "Stop The Cavalry" comes on. What an awful song.

Warm's still playing 'Stop the Calvary'?! Wow, nice. But I'm in the opposite - whenever I hear that song it reminds me of Christmases past in Puget Sound. I also enjoy 'Sippin' in Seattle's Latteland' as well. But not so much a fan of 'Christmas in the Northwest'.
    780 AM's in the log, 656 FMs (250 from Western WA), That's a DXer!
    FM, AM and SW DXer of Yakima, WA! God Bless America!
    Last New FM Log: KWEN 95.5 Tulsa OK (7/23/18 Es)
    Last New AM Log: 1530 KGBT Harlingen, TX, 12/8/2018

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234