• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Christmas has arrived on Seattle Radio

They usually flip the Friday before Thanksgiving.

Apparently Star wasn't happy enough with the Christmas stunt the last couple of years? I had to go to Redmond unexpectedly yesterday afternoon and my Uber driver landed on Star, in regular programming about 4:30.

Apparently Star wasn't happy enough with the Christmas stunt the last couple of years? I had to go to Redmond unexpectedly yesterday afternoon and my Uber driver landed on Star, in regular programming about 4:30.

They may change later. It's still pretty early and not everyone keeps the same schedule.

KIXI 880 flipped, as did Praise 106.5. Heard Christmas on The Sound this afternoon, but couldn't tell if they've flipped. 95.7 and KRKO are throwing in a Christmas song every once in a while.

Yep, KSWD flipped to Christmas. Ho-ho-overload for god's sake. This and 106.9 and 106.5 and 105.3 and 101.5...I hope JACK, KZOK and others get a nice little bump in the ratings! I didn't mind when it was just 106.9 and 105.3!
Here in Yakima, KARY-100.9 (Cherry FM) is now 24/7 Christmas.

Yep, KSWD flipped to Christmas. Ho-ho-overload for god's sake. This and 106.9 and 106.5 and 105.3 and 101.5...I hope JACK, KZOK and others get a nice little bump in the ratings! I didn't mind when it was just 106.9 and 105.3!
Here in Yakima, KARY-100.9 (Cherry FM) is now 24/7 Christmas.

That is slicing the soccer-mom demo pretty thin. But if the advertisers are all willing to pay more for the sentimental Santa-and-snow schmaltz and Jesus-lite that is Christmas music than they are for normal programming, don't look for any improvement in the situation, or much of a bump for the non-holiday stations.

2019 is gearing up to be an absolutely merciless pillow fight between 94.1 and 106.9.

The Geneva Conventions simply do not apply here. As witnessed in the silky soft K-Lite/K-SEA/Magic 108 Battle of 1989, nothing is off limits in this. Not even Barry Manilow. Or Melissa Manchester.

The survivors of that battle, while physically perfectly fine, have developed keen sensing levels of Snuggie comfort and yearnings for milk and homemade cookies.

War is hell.

Your mom knows Kent Phillips?

I wish, maybe that would improve my odds of getting a job in this industry. As for KSWD, that will be interesting to see how these stations react to one another. I expected KSWD to be running Christmas Friday, Saturday, and Sunday evenings since Delilah usually switches Thanksgiving night, but regular programming during the day. That means I've programmed my radio right, as the entire second half of my presets except KXXO is all Christmas.

I wish, maybe that would improve my odds of getting a job in this industry.

Don't offer so much info about your mom on a board like this, Bob. Unless you want "Bob's mom" to become the next "Kokomo" joke (you already got Rob started...)

I think KRWM will come out with the usual holiday win. But the way The Sound is destroying the normal format of 106.9 makes me lolololololololol......I mean come on! It isn't every day that a soft AC station beats out the 20 year+ dominant beast.
I wonder how KSWD's ratings would be WITHOUT holiday music? Worse, I presume.

At least soft rock can still be heard on KXXO albeit with a few Xmas songs sprinkled in.

Up north, CHQM 103.5 flipped to Xmas. Not sure when. Ocean 98.5 CIOC still in regular format, but they usually flip sometime in early December.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom