• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KESZ Rumored to be renamed as "The Breeze"

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/172073/kesz-squats-on-breeze-branding-for-phoenix/

Yes after Iheart Changed their Sacramento and Philadelphia outlets as "The Breeze" now theres rumors of KESZ getting the same branding for their outlet.

I don’t think they’ll rename the primary channel, too much heritage and name recognition. If it isn’t broken, don’t fix it.

It’s all about keeping Entercom from using “The Breeze” name if they were to flip 101.5. Now, they could take the branding (and logo) from WLYF in Miami if they were to switch.

You don't blow up a winning heritage station.

But you can certainly bury the brand on HD2 for all 10 people with HD radios and file for the trademark!

But you can certainly bury the brand on HD2 for all 10 people with HD radios and file for the trademark!

The Wikipedia article for KESZ states it's likely the main channel for the station will rebrand to the "Breeze" branding after the holidays (see "History", paragraph four). Then again, this info is coming from Wikipedia...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KESZ

But that's where all the Ho-Ho-Ho Music plays from the day after Christmas until early November the next year. Can't blow Santa off with a slight breeze, can you?

It's coming out of Las Vegas (KSNE-HD2). It was the "Soft Rock" channel on the IHeart App. Same music, just with the new "Bright and Shiny" rebranding.

It's coming out of Las Vegas (KSNE-HD2). It was the "Soft Rock" channel on the IHeart App. Same music, just with the new "Bright and Shiny" rebranding.

Yes I Noticed that too and I thought that was odd given that "The Breeze" flagship station for Iheart is KISQ San Francisco and would have thought Ihearts San Francisco office was doing the playlists.

Yes I Noticed that too and I thought that was odd given that "The Breeze" flagship station for Iheart is KISQ San Francisco and would have thought Ihearts San Francisco office was doing the playlists.

If there is a master library or "playlist", it would be done by the programmer who is in charge of the AC formats.

In some cases, a station that wants to do a format flip rapidly will use a "safe list" which means playing songs that research well in just about every market. Then, once the station kicks off, they will do local research to refine the list with specific changes based on market tastes and the competitive environment there.

A station's library is used to create local logs which include local imaging and service elements. Generally, the log is done individually in each market. However, in some cases a very skilled Music Master or Selector user in another market will do it for smaller markets or where the particular skill set in scheduling is needed.

10 people with HD radios...
smiley-laughing004.gif

What about other markets? Could the Breeze blow into, say, Cleveland? Pittsburgh?

The playlists could be coming from anywhere in the company. But the purpose of the stream is to have something unhosted on the app for people using the iHeart app like Pandora, so they stick it on an HD2 somewhere to pay less in royalties than a pure play and send that to the app. For all we know, the log is being done in SF, but honestly it doesn't really matter. And if you really want to hear KSIQ, you have that option, too.

I don't know. Do they have Macayo's there? Because you could blow one heck of a breeze after finishing a chimichanga.

No real Mexican food outside ¡Arizona!, amIwright?? :D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom