• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Debbie Duhaime

She’s insufferable. Her incessant cackling and mindless, seemingly interminable blabbing (similar to Piscopo) preceding her traffic reports signals it’s time to change the station. Why mgmt doesn’t instruct her to just get right to the traffic, which I have to believe is more important to listeners than Debbie’s life story, is beyond me.

Always loved Debbie when she was on WABC in the morning. Perhaps its the shows she's now involved with.

She’s promoted by Piscopo, whom the station calls “former Saturday Night Live superstar,” as a key member of the “ensemble,” so, maybe, she’s encouraged, or feels it necessary, to laugh hysterically each time she comes on to do traffic reports in order to create a sense that the show is funny Only problem: The show really isn’t particularly funny.

Thought she did a great job when she was on with Curtis and Kuby and John Gambling. Your analysis may be correct.

Everytime she comes on I shut off the radio. Joe Piscopo show is pathetic I totally agree with your statement Lee

Piscopo’s show is a curiosity Few advertisers and the few are small, mom and pop sponsors who I imagine are paying ad rates that are next to nothing After the show’s salaries, I’d be surprised if the show nets any meaningful profit.

I was listening to Frank Morano the other day he seems interested in getting his own talk show I'm wondering if this will be the swan song for the Joe Piscopo show this new year

I was listening to Frank Morano the other day he seems interested in getting his own talk show I'm wondering if this will be the swan song for the Joe Piscopo show this new year

If Salem planned on letting Piscopo go, I think they would have done before the new year and start the year clean with a replacement. Unless Piscopo has better career options than his radio gig, I don’t see him resigning.

He was flirting with running for senator last year, which would have required him to resign from the radio show. But eventually he declined.

It's clear he would not have won. Probably not even come close. In the entire state of New Jersey, only one Republican congressman won reelection. Democrats swept all the other house races and Democratic Senator Menendez won his reelection easily. So perhaps it was just a stunt to get some free publicity while planning to hang on tight to that radio show.

He was flirting with running for senator last year, which would have required him to resign from the radio show. But eventually he declined.

It's clear he would not have won. Probably not even come close. In the entire state of New Jersey, only one Republican congressman won reelection. Democrats swept all the other house races and Democratic Senator Menendez won his reelection easily. So perhaps it was just a stunt to get some free publicity while planning to hang on tight to that radio show.

It was all a cheap publicity stunt https://www.politico.com/states/new...ont-run-for-governor-endorses-guadagno-111743

The reason Frank doesn’t have a regular show is he’s not particularly interesting to listen to.

Frank actually can do a respectable talk show, as when he filled in for Mike Gallagher awhile back. Apparently he chooses not to.

His Sunday show is a narcissistic rant about how everyone takes advantage of him. How many stories can listeners stand about how a friend stood him up for lunch, or stuck him with the check, or spilled red wine on his carpet, or accidentally locked him out of the building, or didn't give him his own talk show, etc. etc. He's apparently a bitter person who is his own worst enemy. Too bad because he's well informed, energetic, and could be interesting if he would get over himself.

Also he needs some voice coaching so he doesn't come off sounding like a yapping dog. He has a perfectly fine voice but needs to work on using it to his advantage.

There's nothing else live on Sunday mornings so I gave his show every benefit of a doubt but I just can't take anymore of it.

Frank actually can do a respectable talk show, as when he filled in for Mike Gallagher awhile back. Apparently he chooses not to.

His Sunday show is a narcissistic rant about how everyone takes advantage of him. How many stories can listeners stand about how a friend stood him up for lunch, or stuck him with the check, or spilled red wine on his carpet, or accidentally locked him out of the building, or didn't give him his own talk show, etc. etc. He's apparently a bitter person who is his own worst enemy. Too bad because he's well informed, energetic, and could be interesting if he would get over himself.

Also he needs some voice coaching so he doesn't come off sounding like a yapping dog. He has a perfectly fine voice but needs to work on using it to his advantage.

There's nothing else live on Sunday mornings so I gave his show every benefit of a doubt but I just can't take anymore of it.

Frank evidently thinks quirkiness is a viable niche in radio. His show is more like a hobby. I’d be surprised if he has more than a couple hundred listeners.

He's apparently a bitter person who is his own worst enemy.

Being producer of the Joe Piscopo radio show can result in bitterness.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom