METV FM finally streaming! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: METV FM finally streaming!

Moderator/Co-Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post
    The poster in #9 says the feed is syndicated by Envision.
    Do we know if it is a live feed? Music formats today are generally syndicated in workparts fed to local automation, which assembles the music and imaging and inserts local commercials. The live feed has fallen into disfavor because it forces fixed length stopsets, requiring fill commercials or fill music if not all the inventory is sold.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, Billboard, Cash Box, R&R, Record World, Music & Media, Audio, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, Popular Electronics, Studio Sound, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEduardo View Post

Do we know if it is a live feed? Music formats today are generally syndicated in workparts fed to local automation, which assembles the music and imaging and inserts local commercials. The live feed has fallen into disfavor because it forces fixed length stopsets, requiring fill commercials or fill music if not all the inventory is sold.
    I'll bet that's exactly what it is. Envision doesn't send a feed. They send a log and the local station loads it with their own imaging, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Bill from White Plains View Post
    I'll bet that's exactly what it is. Envision doesn't send a feed. They send a log and the local station loads it with their own imaging, etc...
    If that's true, how do we know this is actually Me-FM? There are no Me-FM DJs. If the station is loading a log (all those songs are commercially available) and adding their own local imaging, there's nothing that distinguishes it as Me-FM. Plus, I can't imagine a commercial radio station dedicating any personnel time loading songs and imaging for an HD-2 station. That makes no sense to me.

If that's true, how do we know this is actually Me-FM? There are no Me-FM DJs. If the station is loading a log (all those songs are commercially available) and adding their own local imaging, there's nothing that distinguishes it as Me-FM. Plus, I can't imagine a commercial radio station dedicating any personnel time loading songs and imaging for an HD-2 station. That makes no sense to me.
    What are they calling it? Is it called ME-TV? And, no personnel is needed if logs are auto loaded. You'd be surprised...

What are they calling it? Is it called ME-TV? And, no personnel is needed if logs are auto loaded. You'd be surprised...
    Let me ask it again: If there are no DJs, and it's just a bunch of songs with local imaging, how do we know what it is?

Moderator/Co-Administrator
    https://www.envisionnetworks.com/service/metv-fm/

The feed is via Internet, so it's delivered most likely in component parts by FTP. Station assembles with local elements.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, Billboard, Cash Box, R&R, Record World, Music & Media, Audio, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, Popular Electronics, Studio Sound, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

Let me ask it again: If there are no DJs, and it's just a bunch of songs with local imaging, how do we know what it is?
    Because Envision says so. https://www.envisionnetworks.com/201...-in-milwaukee/

Quote Originally Posted by luperm View Post
    Because Envision says so.
    Brings me back to the thought that if it wasn't for Weigel owning a TV station in the market, there'd be no reason for Entercom doing this.

Certainly not for the huge ratings it draws to HD-2.

No one has given us an eyewitness report about the RDS.
    The display in my car (via Apple Car Play) is ME-TV FM, along with song title and artist, if that's what you're talking about. The TOH spoken ID is WMYX-HD-2. Unlike other streams on the Radio.com, the ME-TV FM stream is occasionally prone to dropouts.

Also, someone made the point that the ME-TV FM stream is similar to other oldies streams. Not exactly. The ME-TV format pretty much steers clear of "harder" tracks. It also includes a sprinkling of album cuts. The only other stream I know of that's similar is the stream of 2CH (1170 AM) from Sydney, Australia, which uses the slogan "Easy Classics". The 2CH music mix is virtually identical to ME-TV FM, except there's a smattering of local Aussie hits instead of a smattering of album cuts. (It's a good listen).

50kw CFZM from Toronto (740 AM....and easily audible in most of the Midwest and Northeast), also has a music mix that comes fairly close to ME-TV FM, but interrupted by a few talk and specialty programs.
    Owner of a radio receiver

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123