"The Breeze" Brand going to other Iheart Owned stations - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 48 of 48

Thread: "The Breeze" Brand going to other Iheart Owned stations

  1. #41

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Massaachussetts
    Posts
    795
    The Breeze just blew into Boston yesterday on iHeart's 94.5 WJMN HD2. There is already a soft AC station here in Boston, Entercom's "The Cove" on 103.3 WODS HD3.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy128 View Post
    The Breeze just blew into Boston yesterday on iHeart's 94.5 WJMN HD2. There is already a soft AC station here in Boston, Entercom's "The Cove" on 103.3 WODS HD3.
    A war for the ears of 100 listeners!

  3. #43

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Massaachussetts
    Posts
    795
    Quote Originally Posted by CTListener View Post
    A war for the ears of 100 listeners!
    The Cove is better.

    https://player.radio.com/listen/station/the-cove

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy128 View Post
    Listening right now. Rod Stewart's "Reason to Believe" into Phil Collins' "Against All Odds" into the Beatles' "And I Love Her" into a new track to me, Jermaine Jackson & Whitney Houston's "If You Say My Eyes Are Beautiful." Too sleepy for my ears. I like what I've heard of the Breeze format better, but I admit the Cove is truer to the "soft and relaxing" style.

  5. #45

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Massaachussetts
    Posts
    795
    Quote Originally Posted by CTListener View Post
    Listening right now. Rod Stewart's "Reason to Believe" into Phil Collins' "Against All Odds" into the Beatles' "And I Love Her" into a new track to me, Jermaine Jackson & Whitney Houston's "If You Say My Eyes Are Beautiful." Too sleepy for my ears. I like what I've heard of the Breeze format better, but I admit the Cove is truer to the "soft and relaxing" style.


    The Breeze is pretty good too, although a little more upbeat.

    I wish they would'nt play that annoying Alicia Keys song "This Girl's on Fire."

    That dosen't belong on a soft AC station. More for 12 year old girls. When that comes on I turn it off.

    The Boston Breeze is not online.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy128 View Post

    I wish they would'nt play that annoying Alicia Keys song "This Girl's on Fire."

    That dosen't belong on a soft AC station. More for 12 year old girls. When that comes on I turn it off.
    It peaked at #14 on the AC chart, and #10 on the Adult Top 40 chart.

  7. #47

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Solano County, California
    Posts
    8,149
    Quote Originally Posted by LKellerIII View Post
    Keep in mind that these modern radio names...brands, whatever you want to call them - are fluid, and often used for different formats. The most obvious example is KISQ's former brand: "Kiss-FM." In most markets, "Kiss-FM" is attached to versions of the CHR format, but in the SF Bay Area, it was a soul-oriented classic hits format. Prior to "Kiss," 98.1 was "K-Big" but had nothing to do formatically with KBIG in LA.

    The Bay Area has had 2 "Stars" over the decades (98.9/99.1 in the late '80's, and 101.3 now) -different formats. For a minute in the 90's, 93.3 was "The Wave" but was not similar in format to the famous station of that brand in LA. The same applies to "The Breeze." While the name denotes light and soft music of some kind...I doubt you'd find a Classic Rock station with that name - there is no reason to think that brand requires the same format in different markets.

    Apparently on some of the threads in areas where Iheart has done a format flip in other parts of the country "The Breeze" is on an HD-2 or HD-3 in places like New York, Los Angeles, Boston so far and its coming out of Ihearts national feed for the Breeze. In this case Iheart wants the Breeze name to be attached to the Soft AC or Mainstream AC in various parts of the county the way its going right now.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by RadioPatrol View Post
    Apparently on some of the threads in areas where Iheart has done a format flip in other parts of the country "The Breeze" is on an HD-2 or HD-3 in places like New York, Los Angeles, Boston so far and its coming out of Ihearts national feed for the Breeze. In this case Iheart wants the Breeze name to be attached to the Soft AC or Mainstream AC in various parts of the county the way its going right now.
    Again - The Breeze is just a brand name, like "Excel." It's a laundry detergent. No wait - it's a SAT tutoring program for high-school students. No - wait - it's a spreadsheet software program...

    Subtract an "e" in the middle, and add an "Fe" at the front, and it's what you spray your couch with after your cat pees on it.

    I hadn't been able to bring myself to tune in yet, but my Uber driver was playing 98.1 on my ride the other day. If that ten minute exposure was typical of their format, I have to admit that it wasn't bad - reasonably upbeat, with a variety of sounds...not just soft rock glop.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  




     
Our Conferences
Useful Contacts
Community


Contact Us