• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Michael Medved

We've just been notified that Michael Medved is OUT at Salem. Why?

I didn't even know he was still on the air!
Maybe that's part of the problem, not enough other listeners did either..

I know he's being replaced by Sebastian Gorka in his timeslot, starting 1/1/19. It will be called 'America First with Sebastian Gorka.' Same conservative talk format to the show, 3-hour timeslot.

There is word that Medved will still be on KTTH in the same time slot and still syndicated, but not by Salem after 1/1/19.

Rumor has it that Medved's ongoing criticism of Trump was irritating the brass at Salem. He found a new syndicator and has left the reservation.

It is correct that Medved will remain with Bonneville's KTTH, according to Tom Taylor. He also reports that Salem had begun using Gorka as a regular fill-in for other hosts, and their Regnery Publishing released his recent book.

It is correct that Medved will remain with Bonneville's KTTH, according to Tom Taylor. He also reports that Salem had begun using Gorka as a regular fill-in for other hosts, and their Regnery Publishing released his recent book.

Oh great. Just what we need.

But let's face it, Medved is just a claustrophobic ballerina in today's Slipknot mosh pit-like conservative media environment (powered by Twitter.) And that's scarier than it sounds; When even the simplest, honest criticisms of Trump can get you canned for a former Trump associate, who once said "The era of the pajama boy is over January 20th and the alpha males are back" (That's adorable, son), and guaranteed to land them into massive future PR problems, that doesn't look good for Salem.

But the takeaway for Medved is his hands are clean. It's worth the loss.

But let's face it, Medved is just a claustrophobic ballerina in today's Slipknot mosh pit-like conservative media environment (powered by Twitter.) And that's scarier than it sounds; When even the simplest, honest criticisms of Trump can get you canned for a former Trump associate, who once said "The era of the pajama boy is over January 20th and the alpha males are back" (That's adorable, son), and guaranteed to land them into massive future PR problems, that doesn't look good for Salem.

But the takeaway for Medved is his hands are clean. It's worth the loss.

That's a kind of bipolar way of looking at it, I suppose. :)

It will be extremely interesting to see who will move over to Salem’s new offering vs sticking with Medved on a new syndicator.

Currently, it seems as if Michael Medved is cleared in every single small town in America with a talk station. I credit that success mostly to Salem, who is an extremely good syndicator to work with. My guess is the small town stations and (of course) larger-market Salem O&O’s will be switching to America First. Medved will keep most of the larger market, non Salem stations.

Either way, I think Michael Medved may be losing a lot of affiliates come 1/1. That’s a darned shame since Medved is one of the more articulate and reasoned right-wing radio hosts

I've listened to him often on Salem's WGKA here in Atlanta. I thought he was losing it. He sounded like he was having trouble keeping his thoughts together. After all he is 70.

I hope it is not health related. He survived a bout with throat cancer a few years ago.
His voice has been sounding shaky to me lately.

Roy Masters is still on the air. He is 90! Believe he is syndicated by Talk America.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom