IHeartMedia Sacramento Brings AC To 92.5 The Breeze
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: IHeartMedia Sacramento Brings AC To 92.5 The Breeze

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Solano County, California
    Posts
    7,959

    IHeartMedia Sacramento Brings AC To 92.5 The Breeze

    http://www.insideradio.com/free/ihea...d567bf25a.html

    Yes The Breeze is coming to Sacramento on 92.5 FM and it will come out on November 12th.


    98.1 FM San Francisco is the most notable AC Station owned by Iheartmedia to use the Breeze as its branding.

    A three station, two-signal adjustment by iHeartMedia in the Sacramento market culminates with the return of AC to the 92.5 dial position with the upcoming launch of “92.5 The Breeze” KBEB. As the Breeze blows in, “92.5 The Bull”, home of the Bobby Bones Show, moves up the dial to 107.1, while “Sacramento’s Smooth Jazz Network” heads to the iHeartRadio app.

    The changes will begin Monday at 3pm as “92.5 The Breeze” debuts with 10,000 songs in a row, commercial free, from the likes of Celine Dion, Rod Stewart, Whitney Houston, Michael Bolton and Vanessa Williams. In its previous time as an AC outlet, the station employed the calls of KGBY and was known as “Y-92.”

    “No doubt many in Sacramento will remember the station 92.5 for its decades-long heritage as an adult contemporary station and one of the top stations in the market,” senior VP/programming Curtiss Johnson said. “I’m happy to say we’re bringing that format back to adult contemporary. 92.5 The Breeze is the perfect station for relaxing to favorites while you work, unwinding after a long day or just for getting into that weekend frame of mind.”

  2. #2
    A good move on iHeart’s part. Three country outlets in Sacramento was overkill at its worst.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by only1moore View Post
    A good move on iHeart’s part. Three country outlets in Sacramento was overkill at its worst.
    Until recently KBEB was getting a credible 3 share, and was the #2 country station behind Entercom's heritage KNCI. iHeart flipped the station in order to get its syndicated Bobby Bones show cleared in the market. The surprise is that Entravision stays with country on KNTY, which is now getting a 2 share.

  4. #4
    Back about 18 years ago...my daughter was working at a pet shop in Concord, NH. One afternoon, when I happened to be in there, their phone rang...
    It was the Morning Team......from KGBY!! They had just picked a phone # at random from a NH phone book....
    Long story short.....I got on the line and sang "Happy Birthday" to a woman they'd called earlier....
    For her birthday, the station gave her a dozen roses, a box of Godiva chocolates....and a weekend for 2 in Tahoe!!!
    For my singing effort.....I got a T-shirt.....and a bubble pipe!
    Yep...I still have both.....Think I'll "bronze" the shirt, now......!!

  5. #5
    I agree - good move and many on this board have questioned how long 3 country stations are viable in this market. KNTY will again get a slightly larger slice of the pie so they should be happy. I'm skeptical how long The Bull format remains on 107.1. Will 92.5 get new calls?

    Soft AC has been a format hole in Sacramento - KYMX like most other AC's is too uptempo and you won't hear much Mariah, Whitney, Elton, Rod, etc. KISQ is killing the ratings in SF, likely 92.5 will use the same formula. Now all iHeart needs to do is put a Triple A on 107.1!!

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sacratomatoes, CA
    Posts
    1,396
    Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    I agree - good move and many on this board have questioned how long 3 country stations are viable in this market. KNTY will again get a slightly larger slice of the pie so they should be happy. I'm skeptical how long The Bull format remains on 107.1. Will 92.5 get new calls?

    Soft AC has been a format hole in Sacramento - KYMX like most other AC's is too uptempo and you won't hear much Mariah, Whitney, Elton, Rod, etc. KISQ is killing the ratings in SF, likely 92.5 will use the same formula. Now all iHeart needs to do is put a Triple A on 107.1!!
    As of 1PM PT, still a lot of "bull" on 92.5.

    Any bets on whether they'll launch all Christmas?
    I got out of the business before it sucked the life out of me.
    Now I just play radio online at www.allthebestoldies.com.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by stewie View Post
    As of 1PM PT, still a lot of "bull" on 92.5.

    Any bets on whether they'll launch all Christmas?
    No Wall to Wall Christmas
    Los Angeles

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Rivers Kramer View Post
    No Wall to Wall Christmas
    Bette Midler - Wind Beneanth My Wings rather than Frosty the Snowman!

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Solano County, California
    Posts
    7,959
    http://www.insideradio.com/free/ihea...7f5b5a19b.html


    An Update another Iheart O&O but in the Philadelphia area has renamed one of their Stations as "The Breeze" on 106.1 at the same time that 92.5 Sacramento is running with the Breeze name.

    Yes "The Breeze" Brand that Iheart has come up with has its origins in San Francisco at KISQ-FM.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sacratomatoes, CA
    Posts
    1,396
    Quote Originally Posted by Mediaace View Post
    Bette Midler - Wind Beneanth My Wings rather than Frosty the Snowman!
    Wind Beneath My Wings? HA! The Breeze!!!! What time did they go on the air with the new format?
    I got out of the business before it sucked the life out of me.
    Now I just play radio online at www.allthebestoldies.com.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  




     
Our Conferences
Useful Contacts
Community


Contact Us