More FM is B101 again?!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: More FM is B101 again?!

More FM is B101 again?!

I went onto Facebook right after midnight and notice that WBEB’s Facebook page has a B101 profile photo and cover photo. I went on their website and the website says “B101 More Continuous Christmas Music” but they are not playing Christmas music yet on their main channel.
    Last edited by richt1014; 11-08-2018 at 01:42 AM.

In between songs they are saying “Philly’s B101.1”.
    Last edited by richt1014; 11-08-2018 at 01:41 AM.

Amazing move. Official according to the website (which will hopefully have the Entercom/Radio.com template soon):

https://morefmphilly.radio.com/

Well now, that was surprising. Dong it overnight? Heck, the Facebook page didn’t even update its name as of ealy morning. Or their RDS. Or the promotional images on the website. Very hasty.

Entercom seems spooked.

And the logo....meh, that seems uninspired at best.

I guess Morey the Monkey shall be retired quickly.
    Last edited by AbrahamJSimpson; 11-08-2018 at 06:30 AM.

It feels like all is right again, for now. I wasn't a fan of getting rid of the name that was synonymous with Philly, and rolled off your tongue with ease.

The Philly radio wars have intensified...awaiting 106.1's move now.
    All things New York City Radio & Television!

YouTube: AllanNYTVRadio

Super strange! Maybe they think this will give them a little word of mouth just at a time when 106.1 is potentially about to get a lot of word of mouth. Pretty suspicious timing!
    It ain't no country club either.

Quote Originally Posted by Miguelito View Post
    Super strange! Maybe they think this will give them a little word of mouth just at a time when 106.1 is potentially about to get a lot of word of mouth. Pretty suspicious timing!
    Off the top of my head, I might have coombined the return of the old moniker with the holiday music launch as a two-fer. But, if they have reason to believe a breeze is about to be blowing through imminently, i guess better to get it done if that’s the decision.

Without some digital (or more) efforts, I don’t see 106 getting gigantic word of mouth, but they do have the outdoor advertising division as a corporate sibling. Leverage that, and good social targeting, and they can get the ball rolling.

I guess I wasn't imagining things when I sampled their Christmas HD2 and heard "B101" mentioned in the TOH ID. It was alongside a radio.com mention too, so it wasn't just an old ID cued up.

I think this is a good move, and I never really saw the logic behind the name change in the first place. Unlike "EZ" which had a specific connotation, "B101" is a name that could be applied to just about any format, and it certainly rolls off the tongue well as others have said. I don't think the name change did anything to change the perception of the station, and probably never caught on with the general public who may have still thought of the station as B101.

Quote Originally Posted by AbrahamJSimpson View Post
    Off the top of my head, I might have coombined the return of the old moniker with the holiday music launch as a two-fer. But, if they have reason to believe a breeze is about to be blowing through imminently, i guess better to get it done if that’s the decision.

Without some digital (or more) efforts, I don’t see 106 getting gigantic word of mouth, but they do have the outdoor advertising division as a corporate sibling. Leverage that, and good social targeting, and they can get the ball rolling.
    If 106.1 is really switching to Soft AC, I don't understand why they're waiting to do a Christmas stunt. Why not start it on November 1? WBEB surely would not have followed suit until tomorrow at the earliest and Christmas music on 106.1 would have been a very powerful word-of-mouth tool.
    It ain't no country club either.

Quote Originally Posted by Miguelito View Post
    If 106.1 is really switching to Soft AC, I don't understand why they're waiting to do a Christmas stunt. Why not start it on November 1? WBEB surely would not have followed suit until tomorrow at the earliest and Christmas music on 106.1 would have been a very powerful word-of-mouth tool.
    It’s one reason I am marginally skeptical about what will really happen, though I’m by no means sold either way. That they forced a fairly significant investment (or sped it up?) from a station that has historically (and I say that fully aware that the game has changed) not made big reactionary moves is impressive.

It’s feeling like watching a proverbial game of chicken, and WBEB jumped first. So when does the next shoe drop?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast