AM 750 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AM 750

Quote Originally Posted by AMRocks View Post
    They could do that. But then, because the two are not a strict simulcast, the ratings would need to be split in the book. And, if it's true that 20% of listening is still on 750AM, then the overall ratings would drop, likely taking out of the number 1 spot.

I think we'll get an idea if a split is coming if, (once the new site is operational,) they start to drop the mention of the AM on the air -- except for top of the hour where they legally have to.
    IIRC WBBM 780 sometimes splits from their FM 105.9 for sports but they somehow have a single listing in the ratings

Would a "straight" ESPN work on 750? There would be very "local" talent cost, possibly some kind of local update which someone at WSB could easily do. All you would have to cover would be the electric bill.

Quote Originally Posted by secondchoice View Post
    Would a "straight" ESPN work on 750? There would be very "local" talent cost, possibly some kind of local update which someone at WSB could easily do. All you would have to cover would be the electric bill.
    Which is good, because the ratings will tank. In Boston, once WEEI moved its local sports talk and virtually all play-by-play to 93.7 and left 850 with a straight ESPN feed except for minor local sports play-by-play, the AM's numbers quickly sank into the 0.2-0.5 range.

Quote Originally Posted by AMRocks View Post
    They could do that. But then, because the two are not a strict simulcast, the ratings would need to be split in the book. And, if it's true that 20% of listening is still on 750AM, then the overall ratings would drop, likely taking out of the number 1 spot.

I think we'll get an idea if a split is coming if, (once the new site is operational,) they start to drop the mention of the AM on the air -- except for top of the hour where they legally have to.
    Except for the mention of "AM 750", the AM side gets no mention. The TOH ID for 750 is hidden in the TOH sweeper (...FM 95.5 and AM 750 WSB Atlanta's News, Traffic, ..."). The FM side gets the separate callout of "WSBB-FM Doraville, a Cox Media Group station".
    "When broadcasting over the radio, there are certain words we must omit.
    Like 'BEEP' and 'BUZZ' and 'GOBBLE-GOBBLE', by gosh we can't even say shhhhhaving cream!"

Quote Originally Posted by jabba17 View Post
    Except for the mention of "AM 750", the AM side gets no mention. The TOH ID for 750 is hidden in the TOH sweeper (...FM 95.5 and AM 750 WSB Atlanta's News, Traffic, ..."). The FM side gets the separate callout of "WSBB-FM Doraville, a Cox Media Group station".
    The AM never specifically got a mention in the TOH ID even before the simulcast started. The separate mention of the FM calls is simply because they are different as is the city of license.

I know Cox is always tight lipped about things, but I am wondering if there is a target date for the new FM facility?

Quote Originally Posted by BarryATL View Post
    I know Cox is always tight lipped about things, but I am wondering if there is a target date for the new FM facility?
    You're right, and I'm not sure why. The CP is public record; everyone interested knows it's going to happen. Last I heard was not earlier than this quarter but more likely in 1st quarter of 2019.

Entertainment

You guys entertain me. I need to read this more. CK.

QUOTE=RoddyFreeman;6230443]You're right, and I'm not sure why. The CP is public record; everyone interested knows it's going to happen. Last I heard was not earlier than this quarter but more likely in 1st quarter of 2019.[/QUOTE]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12