KOST Goes All Christmas Friday
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: KOST Goes All Christmas Friday

Smile KOST Goes All Christmas Friday

Ellen K from KOST and a Disneyland Rep were just on KTLA announcing Holiday plans for both the upcoming flip to all Christmas music and the private listener/IHeart Employee party on Dec. 6 at California Adventure. The time of said music flip is "under wraps" but Gwen Stefani is scheduled to be Ellen K's guest that morning; Disneylsnd Resort starts it's "Holiday Time" at 8am same day.....you make your own best guess 😋

It's still too early!!!

Wait until after Thanksgiving please!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ATSFGuy View Post
    It's still too early!!!

Wait until after Thanksgiving please!!!
    The advertisers can't wait, nor can the target demographic -- female 25-54.

The numbers don't lie. When stations flip to Christmas, people who don't listen to those stations much the rest of the year make them their only choice through late December. So far, radio has not found a date that's "too early," that is, one that will drive off more listeners than it will gain. It's hard for most on this board to fathom because many of us are 55+ males and avid fans of particular stations or particular musical genres -- precisely to kind of people the all-Christmas format is not trying to reach, nor does it want to reach.

Looks like KOST 103.5 wants to get their #1 rating spot early this year...

I wonder just how many Christmas tunes KOST will actually play...

The December ratings book begins on Thursday in PPM markets. I suspect we'll see quite a few flips to All-Santa this week in the PPM markets.
    "Its music what makes a radio station, and at Live FM, we play the last music around."
    After receiving that copy, I quit the VO industry.

Looks like KOST 103.5 wants to get their #1 rating spot early this year...

I wonder just how many Christmas tunes KOST will actually play...

It doesn't take many to keep the format's fans satisfied. WRCH Hartford plays between 200 and 250 songs for a month and a half and mops the floor with its non-Christmas competition. WDRC-FM, back in its oldies days, tried to challenge WRCH with a deeper, gold-based Christmas format one year. It was a disaster. I believe they actually lost listeners that month.

300-380 Christmas tunes should do.

Quote Originally Posted by CTListener View Post
    The advertisers can't wait, nor can the target demographic -- female 25-54.
    My family can wait, no need to hear Christmas music this early. I agree with ATSF. After Thanksgiving is when our own playlist of Christmas songs fires up (especially from Dec. 15th onward)......and no annoying commercials, thank God.
    Celebrating 63 Years of Rock & Roll Memories!

Personally, I have about 180, mostly the true classics that many stations sideswipe these days.

Do these include non-secular tunes, like "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen", "Silent Night"......etc?

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast