• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

A KOOL YULE?

Pretty for whom?

If this is a question of streaming? Royalties.

Over the air, radio pays songwriters and publishers.
Online, you pay songwriters, publishers, and performers.

If the cume on a stream ever got close to an FM station's cume, it would not be pretty.

Pretty for whom? Sounds to me like the performers would love it. Radio is bringing their dooms day closer than they think. Their antics like forcing Christmas music down our throats when all we want is our favorite songs, having constant DJ banter instead of playing music, and finally having 5 minutes of commercials for every two songs played are bringing D day soon.

Lately for a few dollars a month it is well worth no commercials and DJ banter and I get my favorite music.

Lately for a few dollars a month it is well worth no commercials and DJ banter and I get my favorite music.

Statistically, only about 8% of the country agrees with you. Most people want music for free, and don't care if they have to listen to commercials.

But radio companies don't care. They'll fire all their staff and go subscription if that makes them more money.

Most people want music for free, and don't care if they have to listen to commercials.

I was thinking about all radio not just music but if it is just music you want there are a number of ways to create your own library and play it in your car or at home. You don't need radio/streaming.

I don't spend a lot of time in my car so it isn't worth my while to dial up my stick. I just leave my car radio set to my favorite Oldies station and put up with the few commercials they play. If it gets to the point where the Goldmine spins as many commercials as does KOOL then the radio will become just a player and I will revert to my personal library. As you might guess I don't listen to anything else on the radio. I turned it off when Bill Heywood died.

54 daze of XMAS. ho ho ho... and they will probably quit playing the HOLIDAZE music at 12 noon on CHRISTMAS day. that's something to laugh about.

94.5 HD3 is airing the regular KOOL format for now, jockless and commercial-free. I don't know if their syndicated weekend shows are airing over there.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom