A KOOL YULE?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A KOOL YULE?

A KOOL YULE?

Say it ainít so...KOOL has flipped to that jingle jangle holiday music as of 11/2!

Oh boy, KOOL-FM has done it again, flipping to all Christmas music before KEZ! Only 2 days after Halloween too. Iím still recovering from Halloween lol.

Last time they did this (2008 I want to say) it failed miserably. Could this mean a format change is coming to KOOL after Christmas? Inquisitive minds want to know!

Simply having a wonderful Christmastime here at the Buckeye Media Hut.

NOT!
    Dr. Akbar 'n Nurse Jeff
    The Middle Eastern Men of the Media
    Buckeye, AZ

Hey Alexa, call Doc & Nurse Jeff...we're really screwed up!

Saved myself a lot of aggravation and took KOOL off my decades-long presets several years ago.

It's now the GOLDMINE all the way!!!!
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Quote Originally Posted by wattsup View Post
    Say it ain’t so...KOOL has flipped to that jingle jangle holiday music as of 11/2!
    It’s an early Christmas present to The Oasis from KOOL!
    The views expressed are not necessarily those of my employer.

Quote Originally Posted by EricStein View Post
    Itís an early Christmas present to The Oasis from KOOL!
    The Oasis has been more of a ďclassic hitsĒ station the last couple years anyway since KOOL started cutting out the 70ís and adding the 90ís to itís 80ís focused format. This just means that KOOLís normal everyday listeners will gravitate toward the Oasis, KSLX and the Mountain to fill the need.

My question is: is this just a temporary format change to Christmas music for the holidays or is this stunting for a possible format change / rebranding after the new year? KOOL does well in the books so I doubt there will be a format change forthcoming.

Quote Originally Posted by asugeorge1 View Post
    My question is: is this just a temporary format change to Christmas music for the holidays or is this stunting for a possible format change / rebranding after the new year?
    Classic Hits is the ticket all across these fruited plains, so don't bet the hut on a flip.

What surprises Los Buckeye Boyz is why KEZ has allowed this. Their Ho-Ho-Ho music has been playing all year on 99~Nine HD Too, and the jingles/sweeps are stored in the vault. Why let a South Mtn interloper steal your tinsel? Is I ♥ Bankruptcy that confident that Beth & Friends own The Most Wonderful Time of The Year? Some say it's too early for donning your gay apparel, but channel surfing all the football games this weekend, Nurse Jeff and I realize the season has started...with or without KEZ.
    Last edited by DrAkbar; 11-04-2018 at 08:51 AM.
    Dr. Akbar 'n Nurse Jeff
    The Middle Eastern Men of the Media
    Buckeye, AZ

Hey Alexa, call Doc & Nurse Jeff...we're really screwed up!

I was hoping that the Christmas song I heard was a charted AT40 single (it was Saturday morning) but alas - no Casey and no long distance dedication.

Bah humbug-!

Two idiots on my block have already strung (stranged?) their Xmas lights although one idiot hasn't turned hers on yet.

SURE and it's too early! The neighborhood kids haven't yet finished stealing the Halloween ornaments yet!!!
    Illegitimi non carborundum

It is Way too early

Quote Originally Posted by landtuna View Post
    Two idiots on my block have already strung (stranged?) their Xmas lights although one idiot hasn't turned hers on yet.

SURE it's too early! The neighborhood kids haven't yet finished stealing the Halloween ornaments yet!!!
    It is WAY too early. My neighbor hasn't taken down her lights from last year yet. KEZ has been permanently off my presets for 15 years because of their Christmas crap and now I have to get rid of my favorite 80s station too. A warning to idiot stations doing Christmas crap. If you piss me off odds are I won't listen to you the rest of the year either. This is the stuff makes Christmas suck. The only thing worse than Christmas crap is election advertising.

There is no need for stores to advertise on these idiot Christmas stations. I refuse to go to them. Amazon doesn't need to do stupid special advertising at Christmas time and it comes to my door. 52 more days until Dec 26 the most wonderful day of the year. ADIOS KOOL YOU ARE GONE from my radio. Now where is my Pandora premium.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast