• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

TP log with 4 new 11/2/2018 (including new Alaskan!)

crainbebo

Walk of Fame Participant
Can't post recordings right now, but it sure was a doozy out there, with 4 new - 1 new Alaska, and some of the best signals yet from the Chinese.

531 Het, likely JOQG (too weak under TIS stations)
549 Het, likely JOAP (too weak under KOAC)
558 Music in likely Korean at times, maybe HLQH
567 JOIK Sapporo massive around 1430z with JJ talk, even recorded a sample.
576 Het but never got to audio. This could be interesting.
585 Het (JOPG obviously) but didn't focus on this channel too much.
594 JOAK Tokyo big signal NHK1
603 Korean music at 1359z then took a dive at ID time. Probably HLSA Seoul, KBS2 'Happy FM'
621 Grinding het under KPOJ/KIGS but no ID off of it. I suspect N. Korea or a Chinese.
639 CNR1 Beijing MASSIVE signal 1420-1440z with CC talk, operatic music, over KFI.
640 Chances for KYUK were ruined by Beijing...
648 Het, no ID
657 Pyongyang Bangsong, massive all morning with the usual mix of bizarre music
666 Faint audio, probably JOBK Osaka
675 Het but never got to audio. Focused on this one a few times. Could be a Chinese (like Nei Menggu) or even Vietnam.
684 Het but never got to audio
693 JOAB Tokyo NHK2 dominant all AM
702 A couple of carriers duking it out here, not enough to take over KGRV/KXLX
711 HLKA South Korea, Seoul; with male in KK at 0715 PT...over KIRO!!! (Tuned to 713khz.) Only station in South Korea, so this was a positive match. NEW #774, 500KW at 5,277 miles. HLKA airs KBS's 1st program, which is mostly news, talk and some drama programming.
729 Het wasn't enough to take over Boise and Vancouver. Probably JOCK Nagoya
738 Taiwan Fisheries/BEL2 with CC talk throughout the session
747 JOIB Sapporo S9+++ NHK-2
750 KFQD AK, Anchorage; with Alaska political ad under KXTG at 1430z, faded down, then rose back up with partial weather report, mention of 'Northern Lights Blvd.' and 'FM News...103.7 KFQD'. *Well*-wanted! NEW #775, 50KW at 1,541 miles. I have been looking for this one for YEARS, and Portland always screwed my chances. But not today....... :)
756 CNR1 HUGE CC signal 1405z and later heard an *echo* of the same network...
765 Het not enough for audio
774 JOUB Akita S9+20 NHK-2
783 Perfectly-readable CC lady 1416z!! Possibly Voice of the Strait, Amoy service? It beams towards Taiwan.
792 Het, not enough for audio. Seoul?
801 Nice het, not enough for audio. CKOR all over it.
819 Big het probably KCBS North Korea
828 JOBB Osaka, with NHK2 programming all through session
837 Harbin RGD, Harbin, China; with CC talk by female and Chinese pop music not // 5.925khz (which is CNR5 and also transmits on 837). Harbin has been heard by several NW DXers lately. NEW #776, 50KW at 4,867 miles! Nice to hear something that's less than 100KW, and from mainland China too!
846 Mix of stuff
855 Pyongyang Bangsong, Sangwon, N.K., with military music at 1440z // 657-Pyongyang. NEW #776, 500KW at 5,243 miles. This is North Korea #3 in the logbook.
864 Faint KK probably HLKR.
873 JOGB Kumamoto NHK-2 early on
882 Het, no ID
891 HUGE het but not enough over Sacramento and Dawson Creek. Probably JOHK.
Hets all over 900-1000khz spectrum, but no IDs outside 972 HLCA and faint 945 audio (probably CNR-1) The rest of the band was much weaker, 1566 HLAZ was good. 1323 had faint audio. 1134 had faint audio. Most of the good DX was below 900khz.

Spaceweather is predicting G1-class geomagnetic storms tomorrow, so I think the fun will be over soon...oh well. We need a little break!

And the hits just keep on comin"

Congratulation...again...crainbebo. Including for finally being able to check KFQD off of your bucket list.

Last edited:
The only TP's I can get are on SW at east coast sunrise when the path is near total darkness. They are in the 31 meter band and sound very warbly skipping over all that water. I've heard China, Korea, and Japan.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom