• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WPB (okay, it's not Miami)

Anyone else notice the ratings in West Palm Beach for iHeart's Wild 95.5? They have really been tanking as of late. These are the numbers for Aug, Sept Oct:

WLDI-FM 4.0 3.5 2.8

What gives?

Anyone else notice the ratings in West Palm Beach for iHeart's Wild 95.5? They have really been tanking as of late. These are the numbers for Aug, Sept Oct:

WLDI-FM 4.0 3.5 2.8

What gives?

For one thing, they no longer have the top-rated morning radio show in the market, "The KVJ Show" and didn't even take them back when they came back to WPB in 2014 from a year at WFLC Miami.

KVJ has much reason to do as to why WRMF is still #1 and by double digit numbers too.

I thought Mack was making some inroads at Wild, but his show - which is likely largely voicetracked - is aiming for the same demographic as KVJ. KVJ’s listeners are incredibly loyal. It would be very difficult to chip away at them.

For one thing, they no longer have the top-rated morning radio show in the market, "The KVJ Show" and didn't even take them back when they came back to WPB in 2014 from a year at WFLC Miami.

KVJ has much reason to do as to why WRMF is still #1 and by double digit numbers too.

That's true, but hasn't KVJ been on WRMF for quite a while now? It's not been just a few months. And yes, they are helping WRMF, but WRMF had huge ratings even before them.

So back to my original question: Why is Wild slipping so bad in the past couple of months? Have they tweeked the music? Signal been affected maybe by the retransmission mess with TV? (I know of stations that had to severely cut their power if they were on a tower shared with a TV station going through changes.)

Doesn't sound like they have live jocks in the West Palm Beach studios. I wanna say its all voicetracked outside the building. That doesn't help.

My guess is that Mack and company are VT’d out of Y100’s studios. Their PD tracks afternoons. While the other day parts are local, you are right that they are probably voicetracked.

The West Palm cluster also shares resources between WJNO and Miami, and vice versa. Some (likely all) of JNO's news reporters are also on WIOD and Brian Mudd does 10a-12p on IOD after his morning show on 1290.

I don’t see any issues with WLDI’s signal (someone brought it up earlier). The signal is excellent from Lake Worth to the north. In the southern part of the county, the signal isn’t bad, but it struggles a bit in some places.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom